Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Relieved Phoebe isn't up against Kendrick, would of found it hard to enjoy whichever one I ended up at knowing I was missing the other.

No offence to Phoebe, but I really hope she’s not headlining a stage. Really want to catch her but I won’t be missing Billie or Macca. That’s potentially the nastiest clash of 2022 for me.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

No offence to Phoebe, but I really hope she’s not headlining a stage. Really want to catch her but I won’t be missing Billie or Macca. That’s potentially the nastiest clash of 2022 for me.

I was wishing the exact same thing when it seemed like she would be playing on the Sunday, yet i'm sure another nasty clash will come about when the poster drops.

10 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I doubt Big Thief or Phoebe were headlining it in 2020.

Manics, Caribou and London Grammar looked the most likely headliners to me. Maybe Laura Marling.

I think Emily confirmed Laura Marling was playing on Friday night but never said if it was headlining or not, I’d guess she was subbing though.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Kinda hard not to make her headline now with all of the other fest billings she has received to compare to. The big fests she was at last year had her top 5 on a respective day and did headline one to boot.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Kinda hard not to make her headline now with all of the other fest billings she has received to compare to. The big fests she was at last year had her top 5 on a respective day and did headline one to boot.

Bit different in that states tbf. She’s hasn’t had anywhere near the level of coverage over here. 

I think she might get bumped from the Park though. She’d defo have to headline and and I think she was probably down to sub it last time so there would have to be movement somewhere. Plus if she ends up adding extra nights…

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Bit different in that states tbf. She’s hasn’t had anywhere near the level of coverage over here. 

I think she might get bumped from the Park though. She’d defo have to headline and and I think she was probably down to sub it last time so there would have to be movement somewhere. Plus if she ends up adding extra nights…

Well, we are getting the feeling that acts are likely to be underbilled this year due to being holdovers so maybe they won't correct her billing towards her 2022 status.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Sure, but if we compare her bookings for 2020 to what she did the following year there was a jump. That was pretty normal for lots of acts that gained popularity in that whole time of nothing. Agents are going to use it when they negotiate stage placement and times regardless Of continent. Font size matters. In Europe I see Phoebe billed 9th, 5th, 9th, 4th, 6th, 4th ( on a respective stage) on those fests she has booked. In the u.s she  is headlining 1, subbing twice, 4th twice. So whats that supposed to translate at glasto.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

That's weak. Take Simz out and it's super weak.

Thought it was decent myself. Felt like Latitude had been going downhill a bit recently. Obviously two dogshit headliners but with Phoebe Bridgers and Fontaines opposite them I wouldn’t mind.

Foals, Phoebe, Fontaines, Simz, Manics, Modest Mouse, Rina, Tribes, Polachek, Maxïmo Park, Afghan Whigs, Akala, Nilüfer Yanya, Porridge Radio, Let’s Eat Grandma.

Good weekend.

A lot of good stuff there (and shite too, tbf…) but pretty pretty poor/boring headliners and nothing that makes it truly stand out, although as is always the case with Latitude I’m sure the next announcement will make it look a lot better.

No Flo is surprising. Where the hell is she gonna show up this year? Just her own shows? Or is there even a chance she’s gonna be at Glastonbury?!