Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Going to suggest Megan is that act that plays virtually every festival going this year - Wireless, Reading, Glastonbury, Longitude and every single one she can in Europe.

The website says she’s exclusive but it’s factually incorrect unless she’s due to pull out of all the ones she’s already down for. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s ain’t over till it’s over. All of these festival sets make up the stacks.

😘 I’m only joking anyway. Maybe she’ll be there, but I’m really not expecting it, much for the same reason Glastonbury rarely gets these rising American hip hop acts. They charge a lot of money early in to their careers,

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

😘 I’m only joking anyway. Maybe she’ll be there, but I’m really not expecting it, much for the same reason Glastonbury rarely gets these rising American hip hop acts. They charge a lot of money early in to their careers,

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Doja Cat never seemed likely for Glasto to me, but I can still see Megan Thee Stallion playing like 4th down on the Pyramid. Though I also wouldn’t be remotely surprised if she isn’t there.

Yeah I think Megan is the most likely one as her slots seem extremely fluid. Other sub before Dua is what I would put a bet on.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Going to suggest Megan is that act that plays virtually every festival going this year - Wireless, Reading, Glastonbury, Longitude and every single one she can in Europe.

The website says she’s exclusive but it’s factually incorrect unless she’s due to pull out of all the ones she’s already down for. 

They've also said Baby Keem is an exclusive so hoping they're using that term loosely. Suppose it might mean he only appears on stage with Kendrick rather than getting his own set.

Interesting that Tyler is only down as a 'London exclusive' though, which suggests he's playing another festival in England outside of London... Is he down for anywhere else currently? Can only think of Longitude in Dublin but might be forgetting one Edit: Parklife - my bad!

Edited by Col!n

17 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I've never heard any song from Doja Cat or Megan. I played now 5 from both of them and I am just terrified, such a crap. I may be just getting older.

Def getting older. Dont go watch live clips cause youll be wondering if BBC might have to censor their performances.

15 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Doja Cat never seemed likely for Glasto to me, but I can still see Megan Thee Stallion playing like 4th down on the Pyramid. Though I also wouldn’t be remotely surprised if she isn’t there.

Was there only room for 2 of the 5 most popular female artists from the last year on the lineup then with Billie and Olivia?

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think its more that Glastonbury doesn't really benefit them at all from the publicity like it does for new UK artists

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Def getting older. Dont go watch live clips cause youll be wondering if BBC might have to censor their performances.

Was there only room for 2 of the 5 most popular female artists from the last year on the lineup then with Billie and Olivia?

I don’t think Olivia Rodrigo will be there, either. So no! Just 1!

27 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I don’t think Olivia Rodrigo will be there, either. So no! Just 1!

Swear to god in the efestivals hive mind you all rule out Glastonbury’s ability to book pop. Even though we’ve had some of the biggest names in pop show up in the past few years.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Swear to god in the efestivals hive mind you all rule out Glastonbury’s ability to book pop. Even though we’ve had some of the biggest names in pop show up in the past few years.

Nah if she was playing other fests I’d have her down. I just wouldn’t be shocked if she didn’t do any this year and then hit them hard next year and got a top 3 Pyramid slot or something.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Nah if she was playing other fests I’d have her down. I just wouldn’t be shocked if she didn’t do any this year and then hit them hard next year and got a top 3 Pyramid slot or something.

She could easily be at big weekend which is still to announce (and she has a gap in her tour for it).

You have to admit that her having the whole weekend free and being local is pretty sus?