Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Possible Interpol would play, but where? 

3rd/4th from top Other is pretty much the only slot that makes sense for them anymore. Or a Jamie T/Phoenix-style repeat of headlining the JP, but that really would be zzzzzz (and this is speaking as a huge fan).

Maybe a higher slot on the Park?  Don't think there's any single genre that really fits / doesn't fit up there so could work, although they might not be "different" enough. Mid slot on the Other feels a bit of a waste to me.

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Possible Interpol would play, but where? 

3rd/4th from top Other is pretty much the only slot that makes sense for them anymore. Or a Jamie T/Phoenix-style repeat of headlining the JP, but that really would be zzzzzz (and this is speaking as a huge fan).

They can have a year off. Really don’t need them back at Worthy every couple of years.

Latitude works. A big slot at something like Y Not or even headlining Truck would add some flavour to those festivals.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Mid slot on the Other feels a bit of a waste to me.

They were good last time they did that.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They can have a year off. Really don’t need them back at Worthy every couple of years.

Latitude works. A big slot at something like Y Not or even headlining Truck would add some flavour to those festivals.

They were good last time they did that.

Fair enough.  Probably a bit biased to them playing again as (bizarrely) I've only recently got into them and haven't seen them yet 😄

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I like Interpol.

I don't like Billie.

It really is all just white men with guitars for you isn't it?

Sexist. That's what you are. Probably racist too. Possibly ageist. Definitely alpacaist. Suspicion of trappist.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It really is all just white men with guitars for you isn't it?

Sexist. That's what you are. Probably racist too. Possibly ageist. Definitely alpacaist. Suspicion of trappist.

If those white men aren't playing white guitars I get a bit suspicious. Don't even like to see women on the album covers.

If there's an -ist then you can probably apply it to me. Bit of a -phobe as well. All round bastard to be honest.

And the alpaca had it coming. Snooty get.

11 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

https://twitter.com/inmusicfestival/status/1433006874803191812?s=21

Kasabian in Croatia on Glasto-Thursday. So they‘ll play festivals around Glasto but I doubt that they‘ll appear on the poster. Maybe a good shout for a tba slot?

Hmmmm..... certainly wouldn't rule out a Sunday TBA in the John Peel.

21 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

https://twitter.com/inmusicfestival/status/1433006874803191812?s=21

Kasabian in Croatia on Glasto-Thursday. So they‘ll play festivals around Glasto but I doubt that they‘ll appear on the poster. Maybe a good shout for a tba slot?

Is it basically just Serge at this point? Agree a TBA is most likely for them.