Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

On 9/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

https://twitter.com/inmusicfestival/status/1433006874803191812?s=21

Kasabian in Croatia on Glasto-Thursday. So they‘ll play festivals around Glasto but I doubt that they‘ll appear on the poster. Maybe a good shout for a tba slot?

Assuming they were an announced act, where would they actually fit on the lineup now? Previously, they probably would have been headline or nothing.

Now, without Tom and with the brush they will have been kinda tarred with, their stock has probably lowered... Yet their name value almost seems too big for a sub, too awkward for an Other headline.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the gigs to see how they are received. I'm going to the first one in Glasgow. It's all the same people making the music, just without that w*nker singing. Serge did a good job as SLP so I trust that it will be okay.

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Assuming they were an announced act, where would they actually fit on the lineup now? Previously, they probably would have been headline or nothing.

Now, without Tom and with the brush they will have been kinda tarred with, their stock has probably lowered... Yet their name value almost seems too big for a sub, too awkward for an Other headline.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the gigs to see how they are received. I'm going to the first one in Glasgow. It's all the same people making the music, just without that w*nker singing. Serge did a good job as SLP so I trust that it will be okay.

Which is exactly why I think it’s secret set or nothing for them right now. They’re in a very weird position and we’re yet to see where a Tom-less Kasabian falls in terms of popularity or if the (albeit, through no fault of the rest of the band) surrounding controversy has really affected them in the public eye. Secret set next year together with I’m assuming new material and then let’s take it from there (although don’t really see them headlining again - they were barely in contention before all the shit went down).

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Which is exactly why I think it’s secret set or nothing for them right now. They’re in a very weird position and we’re yet to see where a Tom-less Kasabian falls in terms of popularity or if the (albeit, through no fault of the rest of the band) surrounding controversy has really affected them in the public eye. Secret set next year together with I’m assuming new material and then let’s take it from there (although don’t really see them headlining again - they were barely in contention before all the shit went down).

Yeah I agree, was just wondering where people thought they may fit now. I think they only need to release one song that does as well as Underdog or Fire, and people will realise the whole "no Tom, no party" shtick is a load of bull and they may get back to where they were a couple of years ago.

I couldn't have seen them headlining again either before all this, aside from a last-minute switch or whatever, but now they're in a transition it could work out well for them, which I hope it does.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

They should get a female lead singer and kick the controversy right in the dick. 

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did something like this, but also wouldn’t be surprised to find that a large portion of their fanbase is vocally unhappy about it. 

Lose the dinosaurs and potentially gain a new legion of fans in one move.....

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

They should get a female lead singer and kick the controversy right in the dick. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did something like this, but also wouldn’t be surprised to find that a large portion of their fanbase is vocally unhappy about it. 

Controversy aside, is there another big rock act that has changed the gender of lead singer (in either direction)?  Sure there must be, but struggling to think of one.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Controversy aside, is there another big rock act that has changed the gender of lead singer (in either direction)?  Sure there must be, but struggling to think of one.

Not sure, but Liam G had female singers doing Noels bits of Oasis songs at R and L. 

Most prominent during Acquiesce.

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Not sure, but Liam G had female singers doing Noels bits of Oasis songs at R and L. 

Most prominent during Acquiesce.

I'm guessing (assuming?) that they didn't do any tracks where Noel originally had the lead and had the female vocalists take over?

Either way it makes sense for someone like Liam where he's resurrecting tracks from a previous career.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm guessing (assuming?) that they didn't do any tracks where Noel originally had the lead and had the female vocalists take over?

Either way it makes sense for someone like Liam where he's resurrecting tracks from a previous career.

Nah just the Liam led ones. 

Sounded good with the female backing vocals. 

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

As a fan, I'd be unhappy about it, but I'd be unhappy with anyone but Serge taking over.

For me, if they get a new singer altogether, they should draw a line under 'Kasabian' and start with something new.

3 minutes ago, K2SO said:

As a fan, I'd be unhappy about it, but I'd be unhappy with anyone but Serge taking over.

For me, if they get a new singer altogether, they should draw a line under 'Kasabian' and start with something new.

Not sure I agree tbf.  They’ve all worked hard to build the Kasabian brand and there are those that want the songs played.  Why because of 1 idiots mistake should the rest lose out?!