Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Could be a decent shout for the early other slot ala Vaccines/Wombats/Circa waves from 2019

Whilst playing arenas? Ehh I doubt it. I just don’t think they’ll be booked. ‘Greatest hits’ tour or not, when was the last time anybody seriously gave a shit about this band? Will be arenas full of mums and their children who didn’t know what to get them for Christmas.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Whilst playing arenas? Ehh I doubt it. I just don’t think they’ll be booked. ‘Greatest hits’ tour or not, when was the last time anybody seriously gave a shit about this band? Will be arenas full of mums and their children who didn’t know what to get them for Christmas.

Oh shit maybe, hadnt even payed attention to the venues as I didnt know they still had people generally interested in their music lmao. I can't believe that will possibly sell well....

But yeah, IOW is a good shout

1 hour ago, BFisherr said:

Went down pretty well in 2019, too soon to be back?

image.thumb.png.67a8b300010032e8d51c42b41a4a2afb.png

Nah, make it so. Pyramid 2pm sort of time would be aces. She smashed it last time, and she didn’t take up a big slot (and won’t this time either) so no issues with repeat booking there. 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

They should just give her the title of honorary house band at this point. Itll be 3 glastos in a row now if she ends up on the poster.

Eh, I find repeat bookings annoying a lot of the time, especially as at Glastonbury it’s often dross like Catfish & the Bottlemen stinking up the joint, but Sigrid played insanely low down the Park the first time, and then got a decent spot after her first album, and now after what should’ve been a few festivals later will hopefully get an even better/equally decent slot for her second album. Not that bad really, and I suspect the repeat booking of her will settle down a bit now that she’s reached a sizeable level and demands higher billing. Not such a problem for rising acts though. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sigrid for El Pointo

Definitely. She’s in a nice mid- range position. I don’t think she’s going to reach super star levels but she is a solid option for afternoon mainstage slots.

I do think she’d be a great JP headliner though if they would like female stage headliners on each stage.

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Definitely. She’s in a nice mid- range position. I don’t think she’s going to reach super star levels but she is a solid option for afternoon mainstage slots.

I do think she’d be a great JP headliner though if they would like female stage headliners on each stage.

I mean Charli has to be back for that slot surely?...

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I see Tim Minchin is touring the UK over the winter.  Such a tremendous versatile talent   Love to see him on the farm but I suppose he’s too big a name for the Cabaret tent. 

Bill Bailey did a brilliant main stage show at Latitude this year but focused more on his musical comedy, I don't suppose Tim could make an appearance on one of the main music stages instead of the cabaret? 

• Upvote 1