LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

All I wanna know right now is whether I can see Phoebe Bridgers because she’s absolutely 10/10 at the mo. Watched both of her Coachella sets and she absolutely smashed it.

Probably one of the most special and important emerging artists at the moment. This gal can change your life if you let her music in.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

All I wanna know right now is whether I can see Phoebe Bridgers because she’s absolutely 10/10 at the mo. Watched both of her Coachella sets and she absolutely smashed it.

Probably one of the most special and important emerging artists at the moment. This gal can change your life if you let her music in.

I hear Bad Boy Chiller Crew have been getting similar reviews. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If she's that good then don't miss her !

• Upvote 1

Whilst walking the dog this morning and pondering what the next announcement could be, it struck me that I had spent the weekend listening to a lot of the acts listed at Silver Hayes. 95% of the acts announced I had never heard of, but really enjoyed digging in and giving them a listen.

I'm fairly confident that I will be spending a very limited amount of time in the area but the split announcements really give exposure to artists that I would never have given a shot if the line up dropped in one go. It must give a bit of boost to the incomes from the various platforms as well.

7 minutes ago, Soggy_feet said:

Whilst walking the dog this morning and pondering what the next announcement could be, it struck me that I had spent the weekend listening to a lot of the acts listed at Silver Hayes. 95% of the acts announced I had never heard of, but really enjoyed digging in and giving them a listen.

I'm fairly confident that I will be spending a very limited amount of time in the area but the split announcements really give exposure to artists that I would never have given a shot if the line up dropped in one go. It must give a bit of boost to the incomes from the various platforms as well.

I think that’s definitely why they do it, otherwise there are just so many acts 95% would get lost amongst the noise.

I love house music but realistically I’ll normally see on average 1/2 acts in Silver Hayes each year, but I still obsess over their lineup when it comes out and end up listening to loads of it just out of excitement as much as anything else. Did the same when Avalon came out so it’s a great way to do it, even it i means you discover acts you won’t see at the festival but will become a fan if anyway.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Soggy_feet said:

Yes for me that's the great thing about Glastonbury every year I put together my playlist and often some of the stuff I won't get to see because of clashes but it does introduce me to lots of new stuff that I would never hear otherwise. In all honesty if it wasn't for Glastonbury I wouldn't know a Taylor Swift song as I don't listen to any mainstream radio that plays pop hits so even some very well known acts I only know because of Glastonbury. 

10 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

That will be a busy tent!

Depends on what night it is. Headliners always divide the crowd. I actually think they'd make a great legend slot. He's one of the best songwriters in the UK and almost everyone knows and can singalong to their stuff. 

Just now, TASHMA BWABWE said:

We won't have days and stage times to know clashes until later though?

Not exact time but if we know who's headlining what days etc and get an idea of who is likely to be sub headliners you start building rough times before they release them.