LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Depends on what night it is. Headliners always divide the crowd. I actually think they'd make a great legend slot. He's one of the best songwriters in the UK and almost everyone knows and can singalong to their stuff. 

You're right about the legend slot, they'd be awesome. Definitely got the songs for it.

I shared the Glasto Latino announcement with my companion for this year, an enthusiastic salsa dancer, and she responded with a laughing emoji. I think she believes these areas are try-hard, token parts of the site so the festival can claim lots of stages but only the big ones will be any good. I'm looking forward to the site disabusing her of that notion in no uncertain terms.

Edited by kalifire

29 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I shared the Glasto Latino announcement with my companion for this year, an enthusiastic salsa dancer, and she responded with a laughing emoji. I think she believes these areas are try-hard, token parts of the site so the festival can claim lots of stages but only the big ones will be any good. I'm looking forward to the site disabusing her of that notion in no uncertain terms.

Hope she has some humble pie to hand when she gets on site. Don't get me wrong I do love the acts on the main stages but the other smaller stages are definitely not also rans. 

35 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is she a newbie, @kalifire?

I so hope she is, with that comment - she's going to lose her shit...

Ben

40 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I know a surprisingly amount of people who say this when I post a new poster on my socials. People assume its just another tent surrounded by other tents with no atmosphere, for example, one guy assumed places like Glade, Silver Hayes, Glasto Latino, Stonebridge Bar, Avalon, were all in just a field in the 'campsite' and the main 5 stages were the actual festival that you had to go through barriers (like most other big festivals) to get to. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

58 days 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

My arse twitched when I had a notification come up saying they'd tweeted.

Thought they were trying to break the Glasto Thingy for a minute by doing 2 area announcements in a day!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I know a surprisingly amount of people who say this when I post a new poster on my socials. People assume its just another tent surrounded by other tents with no atmosphere, for example, one guy assumed places like Glade, Silver Hayes, Glasto Latino, Stonebridge Bar, Avalon, were all in just a field in the 'campsite' and the main 5 stages were the actual festival that you had to go through barriers (like most other big festivals) to get to. 

Had a great time in the Glasto Latino tent after the Lionesses match the other year!

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Which now means we won't.

#thereisnopattern

It's happened 5 times (I think!) since area announcements started in 2015.

No pattern to it at all but gives us all something to procrastinate over for the day doesn't it 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yesterday was a fairly small one, so another today wouldn't look out of place.

Kidz Field for instance.

I was wondering if they would announce the Kidzfield lineup to coincide with the culmination of the competition they are currently running?

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Two smallish ones in a row?  I'm hoping for a bigger music venue - Leftfield maybe?

Tbh I'd be happy with a smaller stage, I'm still processing Silver Hayes.

If I have to add anything more to my Spotify/Youtube playlists I may have to quit my job!!

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Tbh I'd be happy with a smaller stage, I'm still processing Silver Hayes.

If I have to add anything more to my Spotify/Youtube playlists I may have to quit my job!!

I am very luckily sort of between projects at the moment so find myself with a lot of time on my hands. 

16 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I am very luckily sort of between projects at the moment so find myself with a lot of time on my hands. 

Yeah I keep pushing back on my boss too… “but you’re not assigned anything” errrr I’m really busy pal, it’s peak Glastonbury announcement silly season

5 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Yeah I keep pushing back on my boss too… “but you’re not assigned anything” errrr I’m really busy pal, it’s peak Glastonbury announcement silly season

Mine will most likely only last at most another week or so hence why I am do desperate for announcements at present.