Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

5 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

I think you ought to watch your language. 

To the rest of you- welcome to the real world. The world where there is a pandemic and over 100,000 people were never, ever going to allowed to camp on top of each other and share rancid portaloos crawling with filth for 5 days in 2021, and actually probably not even in 2022 either. Now maybe you can give some thought to the NHS staff, bereaved families and those who have lost everything, rather than selfishly fantasising and festishising camping in a field and getting off your bollox to some music. Perhaps donate the money you would have spaffed on drugs on causes to help the aforementioned? 

Refers to himself as ‘Bad Man MC’.. proceeds to condemn drugs and shame us for for a small part of our lives we’re passionate about. 

I don’t know, but Good Guy MC may be a more suitable guise. Because you’ve really shown us our flaws.

Edited by Andy0808 v5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

To the rest of you- welcome to the real world. The world where there is a pandemic and over 100,000 people were never, ever going to allowed to camp on top of each other and share rancid portaloos crawling with filth for 5 days in 2021, and actually probably not even in 2022 either. Now maybe you can give some thought to the NHS staff, bereaved families and those who have lost everything, rather than selfishly fantasising and festishising camping in a field and getting off your bollox to some music. Perhaps donate the money you would have spaffed on drugs on causes to help the aforementioned? 

Awww, someone needs a hug 😄 

4 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

If you don't have hope, you have nothing. 

Maybe Glastonbury being on represented the possibility of a return to normality and that is what people were hoping for.

Go be a knobhead somewhere else.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but....

You're welcome to your opinion, even tho it comes from your brain-dead idiot side.

Hoping a festival might go ahead is not not thinking about NHS staff or bereaved families, and the selfishness you're accusing others is rampant in yourself.

I guess forums like here is going to get a lot more of this now you've lost Parler. Ho-hum.

Edited by eFestivals

8 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

7081D83B-61FE-49DC-9CC7-92DF6955FF8D.jpeg

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm going to be on this site just as much as I have been this whole year. Honestly I'd be kind of lost without it at this point.

This so much!!! 

I've said it loads over the past year, but honestly, with allll of the shit going on both with the covid & personal stuff, i dunno what i'd have done without all the lovely people on here.

Looks like we have another year of uncertainty with most things, but what you can cetainly guarantee is you can pop on here and be smiling by the time you log off 🙂 

Hope you're well lovely x

12 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Sorry Daddy

13 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

. Now maybe you can give some thought to the NHS staff, bereaved families and those who have lost everything, rather than selfishly fantasising and festishising camping in a field and getting off your bollox to some music. Perhaps donate the money you would have spaffed on drugs on causes to help the aforementioned? 

Please can we do both Daddy?

• Upvote 1

I’m really glad they’ve made the announcement now nice and early and got it out the way. Like last year, I feel a kind of relief more than anything.

Things will probably be a whole lot better by June, but ultimately Glastonbury’s strength was always its weakness. They can afford to make this type of call so early, many festivals will have no choice but to try and make things happen at all costs.

I had a dream about ticket day the other day, one comforting thing is not having to deal with the that again now for the best part of two years! 

29 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Glastonbury will be fine, worst case scenario would be crowdfunding rescuing it. But I worry what will happen to other festivals if they are forced to cancel for second year, many are less financially secure and don't have the millions of obsessive fans ready to bail them out.

Possibly. Many of its creative staff may have left for different or steadier employment by then however. I wonder what sort of festival it will be if / when it does return - maybe quite different from what has gone before in look and design.

Sad about this but not unexpected at all. 

The FAQs say the tickets will be rolled over to next year automatically and we don’t need to do anything. I’m being paranoid here, but did the same happen last year? My memory was is they were rolled over without you having to do anything.