Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

6 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Really hope so - my worry is I will never get to experience the place in the way everyone on here describes it.  I just hope that it comes back as good as before and doesn't lose something because of all this.

You are gonna experience it with added emotion  I promise ...  enjoy x 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Whilst it’s not quite a generation, imagine the people who say tried in 2017 and 2019 and didn’t get tickets, imagine how many have now had kids and whose lives have changed to the point they probably won’t bother trying again. 

I went in 2019, and have 3 teenage kids. I'm also going in 2022 with 3 nearly adult kids!

10 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Probably a moot point anyway. The public health conditions and vaccination programme were never going to be conducive to events like this that early in the summer.

yeah possibly.....

Although the vaccine either works or it doesn't in my opinion, otherwise whats the point? If they are supposedly having say 30m people vaccinated by June then all/most restrictions should be lifted (hygiene improvements remaining obviously, and rapid testing). Especially as it appears it is seasonal. 

Just got my fingers crossed for late July early August now... 

Well I had expected it as I really could not see it going ahead this year and when I was notified today about the Royal Albert Hall {The Bootleg Beatles show { which was meant to be held 8/4/2020 } that had been changed to 25th April 2021 at the Royal Albert Hall London has been rescheduled to Friday 22nd October 2021.} I knew if they were going to change that there was a good chance Glasto would be shifted.

be it 2022 or 2023 I will be there {subject to me still being compos mentis}

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

why not? They were last summer for infection levels.

If there were the same infection levels this summer - which there should be (or better) - and with the vaccine in play for at-least the over-50s and vulnerable and health workers, there should be little concern from a public health sort of view when measured against the public health concerns of the govt to this point.

Exactly this. It's quite obviously seasonal... add in vaccination to the mix and summer should for all intents and purposes be "normal". 

Glasto has to spend too much money and start building so early they really could not take this risk without cancellation insurance I imagine. Even if the odds of it happening where good. Too much money to lose on the off chance and go bust. 

Just now, Euphoricape said:

I went in 2019, and have 3 teenage kids. I'm also going in 2022 with 3 nearly adult kids!

When I secured tickets in 2019 my son was 8 so gets a free ticket.  When we go next year he will be 11.  If it doesn't happen next year I will  have to pay for a ticket as he will be 12 by 2023!!    But it will happen next year 🤞😃

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

One thing is for certain:

Glastonbury 22 is going to be fucking glorious!

Unlikely. I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run) am doubtful it will even happen in 2022, and furthermore the licensing conditions if it does go ahead will be far, far more prohibitive. Capacity, sound levels, booze allowances will be dropped, and over zealous security and curfews increased. 

The council and Police have been wanting to crack down on Glastonbury for a while now (since the last one RE: 'superfence'), and i would bet you this will be their opportunity to do so. 

So, before one and all get carried away with 2022 being 'fucking glorious' 🙄, i wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Wise up and think again. 

• Downvote 13

4 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Unlikely. I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run) am doubtful it will even happen in 2022, and furthermore the licensing conditions if it does go ahead will be far, far more prohibitive. Capacity, sound levels, booze allowances will be dropped, and over zealous security and curfews increased. 

The council and Police have been wanting to crack down on Glastonbury for a while now (since the last one RE: 'superfence'), and i would bet you this will be their opportunity to do so. 

So, before one and all get carried away with 2022 being 'fucking glorious' 🙄, i wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Wise up and think again. 

Sound levels lol

Just now, Bad Man MC said:

Total fabricated nonsense.

"I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run)" 😆

Which particular troll is this one?

5 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

what a load of factually incorrect ignorant and uninformed tosh.

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Whilst it’s not quite a generation, imagine the people who say tried in 2017 and 2019 and didn’t get tickets, imagine how many have now had kids and whose lives have changed to the point they probably won’t bother trying again. 

I feel really sad about that. With a bit of luck they will get curious and try again when their kids are a bit older.

On a much smaller scale all of our group missed out out for 2020 and do have no realistic chance until 23 and even then pent-up demand is going to make it brutal. There has already been a lot of talk about moving on and finding other things to do in the summer. I do wonder how many people are in that position and if it will have any long term impact. 

(and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run)

How do you know so much? I thought you always got in without a ticket! 

Must be hard work talking so much bollocks! 

1 minute ago, Mackem said:

"I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run)" 😆

Which particular troll is this one?

jimoffhisnoodle or some bollocks

7 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Unsound Levels MC in the house 🤣

7 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Its a huge revenue generated for the area. If they were to crack down on it, there would be an uproar and guarantee they would move. There was chat of a second site a few years back and im sure Eavis would move to keep the integrity  of the festival 

8 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Bet you're fun at parties.

9 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

They can't lower the sound levels of the speakers at the Brothers Bar anymore or we'll all have to whisper!