U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Homer said:

People give the Dems props for the first female, etc VP - but no-one seems to acknowledge the fact that the Republicans have currently got the first ever gay vice president.

This one?

The Fierce, Fabulous (and Mostly Fictional) Adventures of Mike Ponce, America's First Gay Vice President:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fabulous-Fictional-Adventures-Americas-President-ebook/dp/B07JDL294N

Edging closer to this being officially done and dusted. Disgraceful that one of the Republicans certifiers abstained. Fucking lunatics. I can get Trump and his band of inner morons fighting this still, but it’s quite alarming how many other Republicans are going along with this anti democratic charade still

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55052640

6 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Emily Murphy has finally signed the letter authorising transition to begin, according to CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-trump-us-election-news-11-23-20/index.html

Wonder if trump will now say he was only kidding?

What a card he is (or some other 4 lettered word beginning with c)

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

So Emily Murphy doesn't bow to political pressure but only signs off on the transition when Trump tells her to.

Right.

Could be the other way round- Trump just trying to save face and pretend he’s in control saying he instructed her to when he did actually act independently. 
I don’t think he would have instructed her to.

Trump clearly had nothing to do with the Twitter post of his claiming he allowed her to sign off on the transition of power so I’d bet it was just worded in his favour by one of his staffers to make him seem reasonable rather than the petulant child he actually is. There’s no way he willingly allowed this to happen - this was out of his hands by this point.

So just found out, my wife's aunty, despite being the nicest person alive (and a Kiwi), lives in the States and, being a Catholic, is also a Trump supporter. She posts a fair bit of misinformation on Facebook that is so easy to disprove.

They live in California and her daughter was getting married in DC last weekend. She and her husband were putting a lot of pressure on the family to fly from all over to attend (we even got a message in London a few months back asking if we were still coming).

... And my wife woke up this morning to a text saying that her aunt and uncle now both have covid. The uncle is also apparently in an ongoing situ with leukemia too.