BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Isn't the power of live music just phenomenal and as much as big gigs aren't my favourites usually; there really is nothing better than a big gig that absolutely nails it. Those gigs where everyone leaves still singing the songs!! 

Edited by gigpusher

2 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Well yes, that there was space for wax flares and a few campfires is what surprised me! 

I suppose capacity was lower then. 

No that was the year the fence came down and there were 200000 on site !!! 

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Three years on and I’m still not sure if I enjoyed the Foos or not.

I saw them at Wembley in 2008, and for  17 year old recently discovered Zeppelin fanatic, it was the best night of my life to that point.

I saw them in 2011 and the setlist was virtually unchanged, and the patter identical.

I swore I'd never purchase a ticket to see them again, unless they did a major shake up of their setlist.

Went along at Glasto and enjoyed the hits I always have, but yeah.. as underwhelming as I anticipated in the surprise department. 

The Blur set is a weird one for me. I skipped it for The Prodigy, and I don't regret it one bit since they're one of my favourite acts of all time. And if I went back now I'd do the same thing.

But it's the only set I watch back and kinda wish I was at.

Anyway, on to Bowie...