When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I didn’t say it was deliberate, I just said the Lab referenced was recording the Quantitative numbers but nobody had requested them. It’s indicative of a certain lack of nimbleness on the part of the Authorities IMO.

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting you were saying it was deliberate! I was kind of replying to this and the piece from the NYT and some other stuff that’s been posted recently about the tests rather than specifically to you. Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go! The point is though, the CT numbers don’t really mean anything (they’re not quantitative the way the test is designed) so those doing the testing can’t actually accurately report on viral load whether they wanted to or not (hence they haven’t been asked to). 

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting you were saying it was deliberate! I was kind of replying to this and the piece from the NYT and some other stuff that’s been posted recently about the tests rather than specifically to you. Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go! The point is though, the CT numbers don’t really mean anything (they’re not quantitative the way the test is designed) so those doing the testing can’t actually accurately report on viral load whether they wanted to or not (hence they haven’t been asked to). 

Not at all. I was worried that I’d suggested something I didn’t mean to. Can’t be too careful these days. 😀

I can already see it being used Online to say the whole thing is a hoax by the full-on cranks. The original BYT article isn’t saying testing is bad, more that we need to do more but different, which seems pretty sensible to me (as someone with absolutely no idea what that would actually mean 😉 )

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Not at all. I was worried that I’d suggested something I didn’t mean to. Can’t be too careful these days. 😀

I can already see it being used Online to say the whole thing is a hoax by the full-on cranks. The original BYT article isn’t saying testing is bad, more that we need to do more but different, which seems pretty sensible to me (as someone with absolutely no idea what that would actually mean 😉 )

Yep, now that we have new tests coming out, we can start to shift the question a bit a manage things a bit differently. I’m fully on board with a different approach that we can use to open up a lot more. Selfishly, I just want to see Nick Cave next April and make it to the farm next June! But really, the technology to make lots of things a whole lot safer is now rolling out, so I hope we use it. 

17 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Its encouraging to see everything staying relatively low and cases on a much slower increase than before, have the newer measures played a role in this? 

What newer measures were u thinking of ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

Completely off topic, but what a game between Edinburgh and Ulster! Man I miss going to things! 

feel free to delete as off topic, But sport has just seemed a bit pointless lately...that was the first time I’ve been excited again (and I’m a Leinster fan!...was an awful game last night even though we won)..