When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Trump has never got above 50% approval ratings...but I think he could well lose the popular vote but win the presidency,

Well yes obviously he won’t win New York and LA

I understand the model isn’t perfect but the spread of votes needs to be federal. Trump knows how to win the right seats in the right places. 

As someone who is mostly centrist / centre left, what annoys me about the discourse in the left is that no one wants to acknowledge or discuss the reason why people like trump win. I think we need to talk more about why trump is popular and why people like him - rather than try and carve out this narrative that he is disliked. The left do occupy the media and try and eliminate any discussion of what people like in trump.

What the democrats don’t understand is that they are too metropolitan in their focus, and this leads many Americans to not feel represented by them. At the moment all the protests are happening in democrat states. It’s not going to convince any republican states to switch to democrat.

Joe Biden might sweep up some more votes in democrat states but this won’t do anything to help him in the election. I don’t think Biden appeals to the swing states at all.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it was discredited by some right wing press. Didn't the model give a broad range of outcomes, from 10s of thousands to 100s of thousands...all depending on people's behaviour and events.

Pretty much, but widely discredited by the scientific community and widely discredited by people pushing an agenda are two different things! One of which is usually based on actual evidence!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well yes obviously he won’t win New York and LA

I understand the model isn’t perfect but the spread of votes needs to be federal. Trump knows how to win the right seats in the right places. 

As someone who is mostly centrist / centre left, what annoys me about the discourse in the left is that no one wants to acknowledge or discuss the reason why people like trump win. I think we need to talk more about why trump is popular and why people like him - rather than try and carve out this narrative that he is disliked. The left do occupy the media and try and eliminate any discussion of what people like in trump.

What the democrats don’t understand is that they are too metropolitan in their focus, and this leads many Americans to not feel represented by them. At the moment all the protests are happening in democrat states. It’s not going to convince any republican states to switch to democrat.

Joe Biden might sweep up some more votes in democrat states but this won’t do anything to help him in the election. I don’t think Biden appeals to the swing states at all.

And what are these 'concerns' of trump voters? 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Jeez. Even if Trump wins he certainly isn’t going to ‘walk’ the election. That implies a landslide which won’t happen for Trump. Talk about hyperbole.

We’ll see on Election Day but I really do think he will walk the election. 

It will be the riots and protests which really lose it for the democrats

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

We’ll see on Election Day but I really do think he will walk the election. 

It will be the riots and protests which really lose it for the democrats

He didn’t even walk the last election. Even if he wins it, it’ll be very close. 
All polling/models indicate a Biden win, all he needs to do is increase the Dem vote share by 1% to win the White House. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

And what are these 'concerns' of trump voters? 

Biden and China

Biden and BLM

General distrust of the democrats

American nationalism

the fact riots are happening in democrat states

Biden increasing taxes

The fact that most Americans outside of major cities are usually republican 

+ the batshit QAnon lot and what they fear.

Speak to real Americans to get a sense of what they feel. Not the ones in metropolitan areas interviewed by CNN.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Biden and China

Biden and BLM

American nationalism

Biden increasing taxes

Speak to real Americans to get a sense of what they feel. Not the ones in metropolitan areas interviewed by CNN.

It sounds like you have a problem with Biden 😆

Biden and China

Biden and BLM

American nationalism

Biden increasing taxes

And race.

Just now, Ozanne said:

He didn’t even walk the last election. Even if he wins it, it’ll be very close. 
All polling/models indicate a Biden win, all he needs to do is increase the Dem vote share by 1% to win the White House. 

Who are these polls asking and what is the demographic of the participants?

Election polls have always been weighted towards Democrat. Mostly because those publishing the polls have been democrats themselves.

Democrats are far more likely to win the popular vote as their strongholds are concentrated in highly populated cities. Biden isn’t a threat to trump unless he makes gains in the areas that Trump does well in.

Biden and China

Biden and BLM

American nationalism

Biden increasing taxes

"real" Americans? So the ones who live in cities aren't real Americans?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Biden and China

Biden and BLM

American nationalism

Biden increasing taxes

Those sound like republican talking points rather than factual things.

You know they are a lot of cities in even the swing states?

The polls are showing most people blame truml for inflating racial tensions and that biden makes them feel safer. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Election polls have always been weighted towards Democrat. Mostly because those publishing the polls have been democrats themselves.

Democrats are far more likely to win the popular vote as their strongholds are concentrated in highly populated cities. Biden isn’t a threat to trump unless he makes gains in the areas that Trump does well in.

Like him being 3 ahead in texas?

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Those sound like republican talking points rather than factual things.

You know they are a lot of cities in even the swing states?

The polls are showing most people blame truml for inflating racial tensions and that biden makes them feel safer. 

You people with these views vote don’t you? 

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

because they're a bit racist?

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve no idea who they are asking but they would take a sample of the population. It would be representative, their isn’t a conspiracy to only poll left leaning voters.

Biden doesn’t need to swing any Trump voters. Hilary lost because some Dem voters didn’t turn out to vote, all Biden needs to do is get those voters out and he picks up that 1% increase he needs to win.