When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

37 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

well that could work out ok for me as the 1st of my rescheduled gigs is next Feb at the Deaf Institute in Manchester which has that kinda of capacity with Goldfrapp the following month at Albert Hall in Manchester (capacity just over 2K)... I do hope it all comes to fruit in 2021 for gigs as personally don't like the idea of socially distanced gigs or festivals tbh

I would do the distanced outdoor ones if it's that or nothing - insanely jealous of those few in Newcastle seeing Supergrass in the next couple of weeks.

But yes next March/Aprll is when I'm really hoping we're back to normal - rescheduled Blossoms and hopefully a Doves gig somewhere as well. 

Expecting a Cribs tour at some point too after the song coming out this week! 

31 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Whats Albert Hall like for a gig? Looking at doing the Bunnymen in June.

Depends what you like - are you a stander or a sitter? If you get stuck at the back of the standing bit its horrible, but if you arrive early enough to either get a bit further forward standing (so not where the balcony is above you) or go up to the balcony and take advantage of the (church pew style?) seating then it's good there too. Though it all really depends on how busy it is in general which you'll only know if its actually sold out 

39 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I saw IDLES at the Albert Hall and it's a good venue if you get the right spec. Toilets are a bit of a mission and getting out at the end is a bit of a squeeze. With it being an old church (I think?) it's quite a unique venue.

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I saw IDLES at the Albert Hall and it's a good venue if you get the right spec. Toilets are a bit of a mission and getting out at the end is a bit of a squeeze. With it being an old church (I think?) it's quite a unique venue.

Yeah, it's nice...unless it gets too packed...but I guess that's the same everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I hope before that , I have killers and queen booked for early June ! Both in stadiums 

I have one gig left this year that hasn't been cancelled (I expect it to be), but about 6 over 4/5 weeks in April and May in smaller venues, and 1 in February which may be pushing it by the sounds of things.

Big case increase for European countries today. +23060 throughout Europe which is highest in a longtime, back to May/June time. Consisting of:

UK: +1440

Germany +1505

France +2846

Spain: +2987

Austria: +282

Switzerland: +268

Netherlands: +636

Denmark: +165

Greece: +251

Croatia: +208

Those seem to be the most significant increases.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

It's one of my favourite venues in Manchester tbh as the sound is great, not bad beer and close to St.Peters square tram stop..... only downside it's like a maze going to the loo!!

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Might be the best in Manchester. Definitely is if you're not planning on drinking too much. Stunning in the summer when you get a bit if light through the windows at the start.

7 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Clap for Carers of an altogether different sort.

The way it’s written makes me doubt its authenticity. And if it’s true then either the dude clapped for longer than he needed to to or the neighbour has some issues!

6 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I was only wondering.....and pissed.

You accidentally created the biggest thread of this site! If that’s not true in post count, it’s true in popularity and interest! I only come here to read this, and it’s so interesting how different people read the same pages. 

6 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I hope before that , I have killers and queen booked for early June ! Both in stadiums 

I hope before that to but that prediction/guess would cover stadiums in early June ... would also allow any winter numbers to hopefully start dropping and allow some time hopefully for a vaccine rollout 

7 hours ago, Big durbs said:

It amazes me that with something like a global pandemic that anyone would even consider profiting from a vaccine, makes me so angry and ashamed to be a human, surly humanity can see past the monetary gains and look at the greater good !

Capitalism is as capitalism does.

7 hours ago, Big durbs said:

It amazes me that with something like a global pandemic that anyone would even consider profiting from a vaccine, makes me so angry and ashamed to be a human, surly humanity can see past the monetary gains and look at the greater good !

I posted this earlier:

They won’t go out and spend if they are fully locked down. This is why our way of doing things doesn’t fit with a deadly virus. If the answer to a deadly virus is go out more risking your life, to ensure money comes in then the system is broken.

The Government has U-turned on free appeals which is good, this is from the news article I read about it:

Mr Williamson's hasty decision to bear the cost of appeals - which in some cases can cost £100 or £150 per exam - follows demands on the government from the Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer to waive the cost of appeals.

But allies of the beleaguered education secretary, who has faced calls to resign from some MPs, claim he is not reacting to demands from the Opposition and has always wanted to make the system fairer.

It sums them up, just admit you were wrong and don’t try to claim this is what you wanted to do all along. It’s so arrogant. 

55 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The Government has U-turned on free appeals which is good, this is from the news article I read about it:

Mr Williamson's hasty decision to bear the cost of appeals - which in some cases can cost £100 or £150 per exam - follows demands on the government from the Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer to waive the cost of appeals.

But allies of the beleaguered education secretary, who has faced calls to resign from some MPs, claim he is not reacting to demands from the Opposition and has always wanted to make the system fairer.

It sums them up, just admit you were wrong and don’t try to claim this is what you wanted to do all along. It’s so arrogant. 

I love that argument when there’s a big u-turn. If you wanted to do it all along, why didn’t you already do it? 🤔

41 minutes ago, jparx said:

I love that argument when there’s a big u-turn. If you wanted to do it all along, why didn’t you already do it? 🤔

That’s one of my biggest issue with them they don’t own up to mistakes. At least the SNP this week apologised and admitted they made a mistake. 

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Oh my god. There is a comedy club open in London 7 days a week https://thetopsecretcomedyclub.co.uk/events-listings/

Gotta say, am quite tempted to go tomorrow night (not much else doing this weekend). I'm on their mailing list though and the mail I got yesterday didn't say anything about what measures they're taking either.

33 minutes ago, Homer said:

Gotta say, am quite tempted to go tomorrow night (not much else doing this weekend). I'm on their mailing list though and the mail I got yesterday didn't say anything about what measures they're taking either.

If you do please report back. Would love to know how they are managing it.

12 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

Sheffield's a great city to live in mate... you'll love it. As a rule of thumb we tend to live by Magid Magids 10 commandments... our previous refugee mayor.

20200814_220829.jpg

Cheers mate! Can’t wait! 😉

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

awaiting response .... one of those might cause an issue :) 

I guess I can’t kiss myself! 🤪