When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

47 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

So with all this talk about making masks mandatory in shops, will that be the same in offices? 

I'm still on furlough but I work in an office, I can do my job with ease from home so if this mask thing comes into effect I'd rather be working from home mask free than stuck in hot office wearing a mask for 8 hours

To be clear I agree with mask wearing, I just don't like the idea of wearing one all day if other options available 

As a bearded person, masks are not comfortable at all. I can handle them for a quick ride on a bus, hospital or hair appointment but I agree with how you’d feel on having to wear one 8 hours a day. I’d much prefer to work at home given the choice. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

As a bearded person, masks are not comfortable at all. I can handle them for a quick ride on a bus, hospital or hair appointment but I agree with how you’d feel on having to wear one 8 hours a day. I’d much prefer to work at home given the choice. 

Being a keen sexual pervert, I enjoy wearing one for as long as possible.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Went to decathlon this afternoon with the kid, not many wearing masks. Went morrisons just after, most not wearing masks. Local barber open, no masks or visors worn by anyone, no screens etc. Local bars look pretty busy too.

I guess it's all over.

Fear not, am still doing my bit and have not left the house all day (the cricket being on is purely incidental).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Homer said:

Anyone bitten the bullet and booked a foreign holiday? Going to Dorset and Tenby - but fairly set on driving over to France too. Only sticking point is if they test your temp on the way over and send you back, Anyone know the rules on this please?

Yeah, going for it, re-booked our France trip for August, and planning to do the same for our aborted Japan holiday in early 2021. Intend to live my life to the full....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Being a keen sexual pervert, I enjoy wearing one for as long as possible.

So make  your own mask out of old designer pants. A Calvin Klein mask. Not only practical but fulfils the perversion. Or maybe something more sensuous, something from Victoria’s secrets?

308F0492-DCA6-4722-B16B-3840427496E9.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

UK figures for July 11th. Highest number of new daily cases since July 1st, possibly just a one off but possible also due to relaxation of lockdown measures. Worth keeping an eye on.

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.12.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.04.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.20.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.28.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.05.14.png

Yesterday's cases and deaths were lower than usual, could more have been announced today evening it out persay? 

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

UK figures for July 11th. Highest number of new daily cases since July 1st, possibly just a one off but possible also due to relaxation of lockdown measures. Worth keeping an eye on.

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.12.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.04.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.20.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.04.28.png

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.05.14.png

Deaths seem high for a Saturday tom

11 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yesterday's cases and deaths were lower than usual, could more have been announced today evening it out persay? 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Potentially that could happen.

The weekend is always an odd time for reporting.  Although normally the numbers get depressed rather than elevated.  All eyes on the case numbers this week.  And sadly, a similar story for the death numbers in the states - we're both at a critical juncture.

12 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

BBC reported earlier that hospitals in the 4 nations reported just under 40 deaths meaning community settings have reported over 100 more, perhaps a day delay there but 7 days will mean more 

Makes sense, are they still putting COVID down for people who hAve died of COVID like disease but not formally tested

+820 cases today is very worrying. 

Not all businesses have put proper measures in for reopening, for example some hairdressers aren’t making staff and clients wear PPE.

No doubt the numbers have spiked due to effects of unlocking and measures being too relaxed, for example not enough usage of masks in this country.

Sit back and hold tight.

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Okay ta. That's the thing I'm apprehensive about re booking France by car (failing a tempt test and wasting all the money!).

Re Greece, my attitude is ' paid for it ages ago, so if the flight takes off, I'll get on it'!

This is what worries me, if I fail temperature check in airport then it’s a couple of grand down the drain.

Holidays are supposed to be something to look forward to but I’ll be panicking in the weeks leading up to the holiday.

Booked my holiday last year so don’t have a choice but booking one now would be a huge gamble , it’s literally a lottery in the airport as to whether you go on the holiday you paid for or not.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Anything under 100 deaths over next 2 days will be a week on week reduction, and there is no Sun/Mon total that high for over 4 weeks now. 

Remembering of course that anything more than 0 remains a tragedy 😢

Yes but cases are +820 today, which is the highest in quite a long time and has stopped the trend of decreasing cases. I can only think that some businesses have not opened with proper measures in place and that’s where the virus is starting to spread again.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Yes but cases are +820 today, which is the highest in quite a long time and has stopped the trend of decreasing cases. I can only think that some businesses have not opened with proper measures in place and that’s where the virus is starting to spread again.

Highest amount of cases since July 1st, so not that long.

Here is a Newsnight report which opens with "Scotland is at a much earlier stage of easing lockdown, well behind England..."

so someone else that agrees with me & disagrees with Neil. The  main point of the report is to discuss whether Scotland's handling of CV19 & the looming Brexit make Indy more likely - this is not a topic that I intend to raise here and if anyone wants my view (unlikely) I will happily provide it in the Dirty Indy Thread. 

My reason for posting it is not only to demonstrate that Neil is in denial about the respective pace of lockdown either side of the border, but also because it broadly supports my view of the differences in approach & public perception in our respective Nations.

7 hours ago, LJS said:

Here is a Newsnight report which opens with "Scotland is at a much earlier stage of easing lockdown, well behind England..."

so someone else that agrees with me & disagrees with Neil. The  main point of the report is to discuss whether Scotland's handling of CV19 & the looming Brexit make Indy more likely - this is not a topic that I intend to raise here and if anyone wants my view (unlikely) I will happily provide it in the Dirty Indy Thread. 

My reason for posting it is not only to demonstrate that Neil is in denial about the respective pace of lockdown either side of the border, but also because it broadly supports my view of the differences in approach & public perception in our respective Nations.

Good article that. As an Englishman living in Scotland I do feel there’s a shift but no idea if it will be permanent. The clarity of Sturgeons messaging, the perception she’s given that they value Health over the Economy and haven’t been flippant or chest-beating about it, and the results of the extra couple of weeks delay in ending Lockdown are definitely having an effect. But whether it will last is hard to say especially as debate rages around the Economy/Recovery and the question of how an Independent Scotland would be able to kickstart its economy. However then there’s Brexit...

8 hours ago, LJS said:

I've said some things in Scotland are more cautious, and somethings are less cautious. You've agreed with that, because that's a reflection of the facts.

And here you are arguing against yourself. :lol: