When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Must depend on the station. Lots of people go to Leeds train station to start a night/day out without getting a train. There’s a few pubs and places to eat there within the station building. 

Same for some of the big London stations but certainly on London underground you are supposed to wear them in the stations.

Edit to add: on the main concourse and platforms anyway. I guess if you are in a pub or cafe then that's different.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Same for some of the big London stations but certainly on London underground you are supposed to wear them in the stations.

Edit to add: on the main concourse and platforms anyway. I guess if you are in a pub or cafe then that's different.

Actually it seems like the stations bit is not mandatory, but requested by the rail industry, whatever that means:

"The rules apply only while travelling - not while waiting - but the rail industry has asked people to cover their face as they enter a station."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-53045386

On the tannoy at the weekend it said to wear in stations on London network.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

<cynic> it's about creating doubt about masks to get past Spaffer's wedding, to try and suggest holding back on compulsory masks is nothing to do with getting past Spaffer's wedding </cynic>

Seriously, this is what I expect to happen.

Cracking conspiracy theory doing the rounds on Twitter that Johnson didn't actually have a baby, it was all faked.

Falls down for me a tad on 'who actually benefits from that?' and 'how the hell do you keep that ruse up for the rest of your life?'

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

<cynic> it's about creating doubt about masks to get past Spaffer's wedding, to try and suggest holding back on compulsory masks is nothing to do with getting past Spaffer's wedding </cynic>

Seriously, this is what I expect to happen.

Whats that got to do with wearing it in shops? I dont expect them to extend mask wearing being mandatory to weddings

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Whats that got to do with wearing it in shops? I dont expect them to extend mask wearing being mandatory to weddings

because it'll be for all indoor interactions, I reckon - which would include a wedding. It doesn't make sense to require masks in shops and not in other indoor places.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Are people actually denying Spaffers ability to spaff?

Oh yeah, have also read that she's his handler for the Russians (she does have a lot of links to Russia TBF; she's a big mover in the Conservative Friends of Russia group); and I've read the same about Trump's wife. I also read quite a funny piece of speculation that Melania was sculpted by surgery to make look like Ivanka, making her irresistible to  Trump.

Just now, Homer said:

Oh yeah, have also read that she's his handler for the Russians (she does have a lot of links to Russia TBF; she's a big mover in the Conservative Friends of Russia group); and I've read the same about Trump's wife. I also read quite a funny piece of speculation that Melania was sculpted by surgery to make look like Ivanka, making her irresistible to  Trump.

That would be a good theory if they looked anything remotely like each other

1 minute ago, Homer said:

By 2020 standards this seems pretty legit. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

because it'll be for all indoor interactions, I reckon - which would include a wedding. It doesn't make sense to require masks in shops and not in other indoor places.

If it's all indoor interactions do you think that would include gyms too? My gym is said to wear one where possible, although they understand "it might not always be possible when training" whatever that means. If we have to wear a mask while exercising I will likely freeze my membership for longer. Totally understand why, but having run for a train while masked up at the weekend it's not something I want to do.

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

By 2020 standards this seems pretty legit. 

And so I decree, by the power vested in us as two people wildly speculating on the internet, that this is now officially  true (that's how facts are created these days, right?).

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

Do you know about the theory that our good friend Dominic is also a Russian agent? He spent a lot of time in that country. Adds plausibility to the idea that he has compromising evidence that could bring the upper levels of government down. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Do you know about the theory that our good friend Dominic is also a Russian agent? He spent a lot of time in that country. Adds plausibility to the idea that he has compromising evidence that could bring the upper levels of government down. 

Cummings went and lived in Russia for three years straight out of university; I believe he was trying to set up an airline. (I've decided to use my furlough time positively by taking the time to research just how f@cked we all are. Happy days.)

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don't think he's a Russian agent, I just think he's a c**t.

Mind you, Spaffer doesn't seem keen to have that Russia report released. 
(tho I don't expect it to say much, tho will be a bit embarrassing for the tories).

Just now, Homer said:

Cummings went and lived in Russia for three years straight out of university; I believe he was trying to set up an airline. (I've decided to use my furlough time positively by taking the time to research just how f@cked we all are.)

That old chestnut

• Upvote 1