When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Well if we get to Easter and lockdown hasn't been eased to a big level then I'm guessing he starts his leadership bid. I'm pretty sure we will be opening up far too early, and locking down again at some point because Johnson will be pressured by Sunak

Edited by efcfanwirral

16 hours ago, zahidf said:

Offical labour statements last year WERE critical of us not joining the vaccine procurement scheme with the EU ( and quite a few on here me included agreed with that criticism)

Its fine, i doubt it will have cut through. And stops Keirs being dull!

are you sure?

I can remember stuff about the ventilator procurement, nothing about the vaccines.

And the dates of stuff seems to support that as the UK had already signed vaccine contracts before there even was an EU vaccine procurement scheme (as when the UK signed its deals, AZ were negotiating with France and Germany but not the EU).

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

You are in cloud cuckoo land

You are telling Grimm`s Fairytales. Your scenario is completely unrealistic because a) the virus probably won`t go away for the next foreseeable future, so we have to learn to live with it b) with your scenario there won`t be much industry anymore and they are crying loud for opening all businesses now and the decisions of politics are also based on them c) there are society tensions like demonstrations because people want to have their normal life back and there is also the fear that right wing powers will use this for their purposes and d) the vaccine roll out is slow now but most european countries will be done by summer - so all in all they will have to open up to some degree of normal life rather sooner than later.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

are you sure?

I can remember stuff about the ventilator procurement, nothing about the vaccines.

And the dates of stuff seems to support that as the UK had already signed vaccine contracts before there even was an EU vaccine procurement scheme (as when the UK signed its deals, AZ were negotiating with France and Germany but not the EU).

Keir didn't criticise but a couple of shadow cabinet people did

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The #CEO of @BestWesternGB  confirmed on  @BBCr4today that @pritipatel hotel quarantine policy is in disarray. Insurance and security staff concerns are among the problems. 
@ThePCAgency

So predictable...

Yeah it’s going to go well when it’s get rolled out is it, if it even does get rolled out in this form. 

13 hours ago, Smeble said:

Pretty much a replay of last year with a gradual return to normality during 2022. Masks and social distancing with us in some form for a couple of years. International travel normality in 3-4 years.

This seems pretty realistic to me. Masks I actually see being mandatory for good in some industries like tattooing, possibly even for things like hospital or care home visitors. I can't disagree with any of it apart from the social distancing, which will either be impractical to police or people will naturally be complacent with, given the vaccines available, and the international travel aspect, which I suspect will be restricted on a country-by-country basis, which I suppose in fairness, could take 3-4 years to get straightened out fully. 

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The #CEO of @BestWesternGB  confirmed on  @BBCr4today that @pritipatel hotel quarantine policy is in disarray. Insurance and security staff concerns are among the problems. 
@ThePCAgency

So predictable...

One of the security companies I've contracted to the past couple of summers, has been trying to recruit for an airport hotel in the East Midlands.

I'll try find out how that's going.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it’s going to go well when it’s get rolled out is it, if it even does get rolled out in this form. 

Possible u turn looming..

Bojo said Handcock will be announcing more on it today at yesterday's briefing, but since then apparently number 10 have denied that.

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Possible u turn looming..

Bojo said Handcock will be announcing more on it today at yesterday's briefing, but since then apparently number 10 have denied that.

Yeah I saw that too, I reckon the policy will get diluted down so much it’ll barely make a difference. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Conversely I have heard that they’re looking to add more countries on to the red list 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I saw that too, I reckon the policy will get diluted down so much it’ll barely make a difference. 

Massive issue is that lots of flights back from the red list countries don't fly direct here anyway.

So how do they know who's coming from where and what hubs, especially if people book split ticket journeys. And on the inbound UK flights from those hubs, how do they segregate people who haven't come from red list countries.

Not everywhere stamps passports and not everywhere is linked to a system for passenger records.