When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Rishi pushing for end of lockdown early then...

The man who brought us 'eat out to help Out' and has made the wrong call at every stage of this (he thought it was all over last summer and that we should never lock down again) thinks its all over and we should never lockdown again, yet because he's encountered zero scrutiny, gets to try and make the wrong call again. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The man who brought us 'eat out to help Out' and has made the wrong call at every stage of this (he thought it was all over last summer and that we should never lock down again) thinks its all over and we should never lockdown again, yet because he's encountered zero scrutiny, gets to try and make the wrong call again. 

yeah, he's lost a lot of credibility after all that...sorry dishi rishi...you're going to have extend furlough again.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I bet he's going to show them the evidence and point out it doesn't stack up and everyone will find out how clever little Rishi is.

Prick.

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think people have been mainly posting in the vaccine calculator thread (or whatever it's called- the one with the link to the queue calculator) when they've been getting the vaccine (or as my family abroad term it, "taking the vaccine") 

I have taken the vaccine, and hope to have taken both doses by April 1st. Seems a few posters have, though its mainly parents of posters at this point. 

Were you at high risk then this whole time and didn't realise it? 

Not the whole time. I got diagnosed with something last month but was specifically told it doesn’t affect my immune system so not to worry about shielding or anything like that. Which is why I was completely stunned to be offered the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I bet he's going to show them the evidence and point out it doesn't stack up and everyone will find out how clever little Rishi is.

Prick.

It's mind numbing how someone can learn nothing, and just insist on making exactly the same mistake over and over again-can only assume at this point its not ignorance, he genuinely doesn't give a f*** about people dying. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not the whole time. I got diagnosed with something last month but was specifically told it doesn’t affect my immune system so not to worry about shielding or anything like that. Which is why I was completely stunned to be offered the vaccine. 

A pleasant surprise to make up for the unpleasant surprise! 

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Rishi pushing for end of lockdown early then...

Not defending him but is it possible he thinks it's guff but is what the Tory faithful want to hear and so he's having his people leak this to position himself to take over from Johnson.

Like Gove and Hunt, you can tell he's got a ruthless desire for power at all costs...

25 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

It turns out I have had the J&J vaccine, as part of the UK trial. I thought I had the placebo as I had no symptoms following the jab. I was unblinded from the trial and found out last week. I am still trying to confirm that they (J&J) won’t give me the second dose on the trial as I have been offered a Pfizer vaccine (I am a considered a key worker as a volunteer for the NHS). I would happily wait for the second J&J dose if they will give it. But if they won’t I will go with the Pfizer.  Mixing my drinks I know, but I think it will be ok.  @gizmoman would probably advise against this.....🤷🏽‍♂️😊

You're not wrong! I would have thought sticking to the same one was wiser but if you can't you'll have to do what you think is best. My mum's have the first dose of the Pfizer and she's fine if that's any help!

5 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You're not wrong! I would have thought sticking to the same one was wiser but if you can't you'll have to do what you think is best. My mum's have the first dose of the Pfizer and she's fine if that's any help!

Yeah it’s a bit of a pain re J&J but it’ll be grand, I am sure. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think Johnson definitely being advised not to make any promises he can't keep...let's just see how it goes.

The handling of lockdown two was the epitome of penny wise, pound foolish. The way the support was withheld from Manchester and the (self?)denial about the furlough scheme ending was an utter disgrace. So unnecessary.

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not defending him but is it possible he thinks it's guff but is what the Tory faithful want to hear and so he's having his people leak this to position himself to take over from Johnson.

Like Gove and Hunt, you can tell he's got a ruthless desire for power at all costs...

I'm not sure its a defence if its political positioning rather than his honest belief.. 

Edited by zahidf

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Why are not poor countries like New Zealand and Canada getting vaccines through Covax???

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/03/canada-to-receive-significant-haul-of-covid-vaccines

Do you know how many times I had to read that sentence before I realised you meant "wealthy countries"?

4 hours ago, PM87 said:

Perhaps a trivial question.....but for any single people out there, how have you approached 2020 with regards to that? A few of my friends have kept on with dating apps, more so when things were better over the summer and early autumn, but I've always been a bit of a luddite when it comes to tinder and all that.

I can't wrap my brain around dating again but also, if we're moving into our new normal and we have to get used to Covid floating around for the foreseeable in one respect or another, I'm going to have to take the leap sooner or later I guess (post full lockdown obviously though).

Sorry for the random topic change but this has been playing on my mind today lol 

I’ve been on dating apps but haven’t really fancied meeting anyone ... to add risk to them or to me ... once I’ve had one jab and the other person is either totally happy with risk or ideally has had the jab themselves then dating can resume for me ... good luck 

• Like 1

A decent roundup of where we are with the vaccines. Looks like March/April is when the next lot are going to come in.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/31/whats-the-difference-between-all-the-covid-vaccines

Along with AZ expecting to be able to increase yields, we hopefully won't have too great a dip in first doses delivered once we start administering the seconds.