When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Who else is having a lonely London Xmas this year?

My plan, bottle of prosecco done by 8am. on the sprits by 11am. Bed by 4pm

But you'll miss the Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas special...............

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

hey guys if anyone needs a sympathetic ear and a chat xmas day alone or otherwise I will set up a zoom meet and have it open the entire day .... please shout if you need a chat ... virtual hugs to all x x 

Nice idea 🙂 Will you be by yourself now?

I'll be in Glasgow now. My neighbours just invited me over for xmas day, which is very nice of them. I was supposed to be going to Suffolk to meet my Dad, who I've not spent Christmas day with since about 2006. It felt a bit weird (unethical) to be going there anyway, but he was so keen for me to go it seemed harsh to cancel on him (particularly as I've recently had cover and presumably pose less of a risk). In some ways, the ban makes it easier. He lives in Kent, so cant be going anywhere - but he thankfully won't be alone as lives with his partner and step-son.

6 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Some videos circulating on Twitter showing London train stations completely rammed as selfish, irresponsible idiots try to get out before the morning. 

That makes no sense as the pubs and restaurants are already take away only in Tier 3.

Sorry just realised it is people escaping London.

Edited by Cherry Tree

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Nice idea 🙂 Will you be by yourself now?

I'll be in Glasgow now. My neighbours just invited me over for xmas day, which is very nice of them. I was supposed to be going to Suffolk to meet my Dad, who I've not spent Christmas day with since about 2006. It felt a bit weird (unethical) to be going there anyway, but he was so keen for me to go it seemed harsh to cancel on him (particularly as I've recently had cover and presumably pose less of a risk). In some ways, the ban makes it easier. He lives in Kent, so cant be going anywhere - but he thankfully won't be alone as lives with his partner and step-son.

yep just me .... ive considered going to my parents for a walk which is only a 20 min drive away ... but given i going to be contacting lots of customers dont fancy any risk to them whatsoever and they will be jabbed soon anyway  ..... I will have a couple of zoom calls with family at some point that day but im free the rest and ill post a link on here that day 

7 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Some videos circulating on Twitter showing London train stations completely rammed as selfish, irresponsible idiots try to get out before the morning. 

My niece has abandoned her house share in N London this evening and got herself on a train to her parents in Devon. She has had the sense to isolate herself totally for the last 10 days as she was due to travel on Weds but with the news today she has gone against the advice and evacuated herself. There will be many more who do the same.

Other than her housemates she is on her own in London.  Time will tell how irresponsible her actions are, but she's not selfish, and she's not an idiot.  She's terrified.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Theyve been sidelined fully after being promised they'd have a vote on things. Reckon they could vote against? 

If Parliament was recalled then those Tory MPs would vote against but Starmer has said Labour would support so the changes to Christmas and tier 4 would get through. What a world we live in where the government with an 80 seat majority need opposition votes.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

My niece has abandoned her house share in N London this evening and got herself on a train to her parents in Devon. She has had the sense to isolate herself totally for the last 10 days as she was due to travel on Weds but with the news today she has gone against the advice and evacuated herself. There will be many more who do the same.

Other than her housemates she is on her own in London.  Time will tell how irresponsible her actions are, but she's not selfish, and she's not an idiot.  She's terrified.  

I feel you there mate. My youngest sister lives in London and last I heard was thinking about coming down here this evening to stay with my parents. She works in 2 different shops and has been going to see her boyfriend regularly. I don't think this is a wise decision but my Dads response was just that it wasn't against the rules. It's worrying as she could have this new variant of the virus and be going to stay at my parents for a week now.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Some Tory MPs want Parliament recalled it seems. I doubt that will happen but could be interesting.

If only we had the means by which the MPs could see and hear each other on video and then vote electronically. Rees-Mogg will propose that each MP will write their wishes on a scroll, seal it with wax and get their messenger to ride into London on horse back to deliver their opinion directly to her majesty.

25 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Textbook London.

Populated as it is by individualists who go off in search of the pound and trendy shite rather than a decent quality of life (on average of course, not all londoners).

If you made the bed, have the courtesy to lie in it.

Build a wall!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

This is setting us up for the National lockdown end of Dec isn't it ..... using the reasoning  that the new variant has got out and is spreading elsewhere ? Most pressing today was the SE ....but there is no way it won't happen now elsewhere is there ? 

We'd already be in lockdown if it wasn't Christmas

12 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This is so true!! I think tht is what has made me so angry today!!! It’s has terrified people!!