When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Gingerfish79 said:

This is why you fall out with so many people on here, you only ever see your opinion as fact.

Neither my wife or I have seen our parents since March. Not once due to shielding. I know we are still lucky compared to some, but the toll has been huge, especially on my wife. 

Justify all these people fleeing London and probably spreading the virus anyway you like, but I think it’s crazy. 

Well I’m going to be confident about what I believe in. And what I believe in is not to point fingers at people who are scared, lonely, and probably depressed at spending Christmas alone. When people who don’t have to face this situation point fingers and call them selfish.

I think it’s you that only sees your opinion as fact in this circumstance.

17 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Similar to Matt42, I had a test Monday afternoon the second it looked like Tier 3 was imminent, isolated till the result came Tuesday night, and travelled back to my family home by car on Tuesday night after a negative result having not left the house between test and departure. Somewhat ironically, my family's place on the Bucks / Ox border is now also caught up in Tier 4, but with my parents having encountered serious medical / mental health issues over this year it was absolutely essential for my Mum in particular that I made it home for Christmas.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I left London yesterday and I’ve gone to spend Christmas with my parents. I had a test earlier in the week which came back negative. I have been isolating to minimise all risk.

Who did you guys use for the tests nd how much was it?

Edited by Chawk

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

So your way of us collectively pushing back is telling us to deal with it, telling people to move along and throwing phrases around like selfish bastards? I suggest you might need better tactics to get people on your side.

Can’t you tell I’m being facetious with that comment?

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im alone .... and have no intention of going anywhere ..... do you not think that you might be making assumptions about people 

Same here! And I know of at least three other Londoners who’ll now be spending Xmas alone 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you know why? Because something has clicked with me.

The tories have adopted a strategy of getting us to blame eachother when they’ve been late and failed at every stage. We need to start pushing back when we do exactly what they want us to do.

you do realise that you can dislike the tories and not want other people to become ill at the same time dont you ? and the time to push back will be once people have been protected with the vaccine ? boris won't be the one working long hours on a covid ward 

Edited by crazyfool1

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you know why? Because something has clicked with me.

The tories have adopted a strategy of getting us to blame eachother when they’ve been late and failed at every stage. We need to start pushing back when we do exactly what they want us to do.

The only people who will suffer are our fellow normal people unfortunately. If we push back, its us that suffer 

41 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This country...honestly 

This will seed the more infectious variant everywhere and we'll all be locked down until everyone is vaccinated. Summer at least 

At the start of the year they delayed going into lock-down as they considered the psychology of it and were worried people would get lock-down fatigue if they locked down too early.

So my question is have they stopped thinking about the psychology and crowd behaviour before making decisions. Or was this really unexpected. Haven't similar things happened in other countries? Are our leaders incapable of learning.

Whatever we want to say about individuals actions I think we should first acknowledge that our leaders are incompetent and the main problem.

Just now, found home in 2009 said:

At the start of the year they delayed going into lock-down as they considered the psychology of it and were worried people would get lock-down fatigue if they locked down too early.

So my question is have they stopped thinking about the psychology and crowd behaviour before making decisions. Or was this really unexpected. Haven't similar things happened in other countries? Are our leaders incapable of learning.

Whatever we want to say about individuals actions I think we should first acknowledge that our leaders are incompetent and the main problem.

Absolutely. But it doesn't really help when individuals then take actions which have the potential to make things worse. 

3 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

100% agree with this.  Blaming people for leaving London in droves when they’ve pulled this announcement out of nowhere is pure gaslighting, to cover for the governments own incompetence. 

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

100% agree with this.  Blaming people for leaving London in droves when they’ve pulled this announcement out of nowhere is pure gaslighting, to cover for the governments own incompetence. 

Yep. And they knew exactly that too. They also announced it today to allow the busiest shopping day of the year to go ahead - spreading all this new strain even further. All to help protect the high street and the economy, again ahead of people’s physical and mental health. 
It’s absolute nonsense that they claim the evidence was only presented yesterday.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Yep. And they knew exactly that too. They also announced it today to allow the busiest shopping day of the year to go ahead - spreading all this new strain even further. All to help protect the high street and the economy, again ahead of people’s physical and mental health. 
It’s absolute nonsense that they claim the evidence was only presented yesterday.

What evidence? There is absolutely zero evidence that this strain/variant is any different to the rest. 
Just conjecture and circumstantial assumptions. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’ve decided to stay put, but surely anyone who’s chosen to accept a guest from London has accepted that risk, so Londoners shouldn’t be shamed. 

That's very true - the whole "this wont happen to me/us" attitude is country wide and honestly probably the main reason for continued spread

Nice one on the decision- I'd hope I'd do the same in your situation too

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's very true - the whole "this wont happen to me/us" attitude is country wide and honestly probably the main reason for continued spread

I genuinely think a lot of people don’t want to pass the virus to their parents or granny but don’t really give a toss if they spread it to some randomer on a train or in Asda.

They won’t admit that of course. But that’s what drives a lot of the spread. 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thank you! I’ll acknowledge my privilege though, I have a nice flat with my other half, we just moved in together a few weeks back. Got nice food, booze and we can afford to hunker down for a bit and have a great time. I feel for anyone in flatshares. 

Good to see that the tories have managed to dissolve themselves of all COVID blame in the lead up to Christmas. It’s them pesky people trying to leave London when they all had plans to leave that the government let them make a few weeks ago. How selfish of them. Do they know there’s a pandemic on?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I genuinely think a lot of people don’t want to pass the virus to their parents or granny but don’t really give a toss if they spread it to some randomer on a train or in Asda.

They won’t admit that of course. But that’s what drives a lot of the spread. 

other supermarkets are available 🙂 

38 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Absolutely. But it doesn't really help when individuals then take actions which have the potential to make things worse. 

Plans that they were totally allowed to make A FEW DAYS AGO.

If you’re not in this situation (trying to leave London before going to Tier4) I honestly think you have no opinion on the matter.