When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't have a bubble. I moved far away from all my friends and family, not long before lockdown began =/

You can still form a bubble. The fact that you’re not bubbled with anyone local means you can easily bubble temporarily with a friend or family member without compromising existing bubbles.  

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I posted earlier but snap polling by YouGov shows that circa 60% of people will stick to the rules if Christmas gets cancelled, so the idea that people won't doesn't appear to be true.

So 40% won't, that's still a lot of people who will still move around and break the rules.

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I posted earlier but snap polling by YouGov shows that circa 60% of people will stick to the rules if Christmas gets cancelled, so the idea that people won't doesn't appear to be true.

That’s 40% that won’t though... 

Hardly a small percentage!

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

That’s 40% that won’t though... 

Hardly a small percentage!

It's hardly the vast generalisation that people won't follow the rules though is it, which to be fair is a comment that hasn't been backed up when I've asked for it. The majority according to polling would still follow the rules which is as I'd imagine it would be.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It's hardly the vast generalisation that people won't follow the rules though is it, which to be fair is a comment that hasn't been backed up when I've asked for it. The majority according to polling would still follow the rules which is as I'd imagine it would be.

Those that wont follow the rules wont be bragging about it either... it will be done on the fly.

If it's so bad (I know that sounds flippant and off-hand but can't think of a better way to word it), how come Tier 4 can still go to church? Surely that's not a good idea. If religion made you safe from covid then churches would be tougher to get into than Glastonbury. 

Edited by Dark Star

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Those that wont follow the rules wont be bragging about it either... it will be done on the fly.

Where is the evidence that people won't follow these rules? I can only find information that shows the majority of people will stick to the rules whether it's anecdotal or via research carried out. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Where is the evidence that people won't follow these rules? I can only find information that shows the majority of people will stick to the rules whether it's anecdotal or via research carried out. 

Just look at the rising cases while previous restrictions have been in place. Or the videos from London the other night..

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

the 40% ?!! in the poll you said 60% would follow them ? edit not the majority but 22 million give or take 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

the 40% ?!! in the poll you said 60% would follow them ?

Yes the majority have said they'd follow the rules which has been my point all along. I'm only combatting the idea that has been mentioned that people won't follow the rules if the Christmas relaxation is cancelled, if that was the case then 60% of people wouldn't indicate that they would follow them.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hadn’t seen this mentioned but seems important and really sad (source is the Guardian): “Under the measures, households will not be allowed to mix, but one person will be allowed to meet with one other person outside in a public space.”

Yeah basically tier 4 is same rules as November lockdown, which had that rule about meeting outdoors.

Not a massive conspiracy nut - but this new variant which is a whopping 70% more transmittable is very convenient timing isn’t it?
It certainly gives some much needed justification behind the new restrictions, and they definitely needed something to hide behind. 

Just now, st dan said:

Not a massive conspiracy nut - but this new variant which is a whopping 70% more transmittable is very convenient timing isn’t it?
It certainly gives some much needed justification behind the new restrictions, and they definitely needed something to hide behind. 

I don't see how they could determine its 70% more transmittable this quickly (it might be spreading faster but that doesn't mean its due to the virus makeup itself)?