When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but what's our resident professor @Toilet Duck's view on this new strain? Is there really evidence it's more contagious, or is it just a marker for an area that was always going to see explosive growth given that hospitality was open during winter+Xmas shopping? 

The virus seems more contagious everywhere

How’s everyone’s feelings on the incoming restrictions? I’m actually happy something is being done to control the virus at this crucial time but I’m not living in an area affected by these new restrictions and not a Christmas fan anyway so I know my feelings won’t be the same as many others. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but what's our resident professor @Toilet Duck's view on this new strain? Is there really evidence it's more contagious, or is it just a marker for an area that was always going to see explosive growth given that hospitality was open during winter+Xmas shopping? 

The virus seems more contagious everywhere

Have a look a couple of pages back I posted a thread from a scientist on Twitter about the new strain you might find interesting. I'll try and find it again.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

How’s everyone’s feelings on the incoming restrictions? I’m actually happy something is being done to control the virus at this crucial time but I’m not living in an area affected by these new restrictions and not a Christmas fan anyway so I know my feelings won’t be the same as many others. 

nervous tbh ...need to see what they are ....dont want non essential  retail  shutting as that will make supermarkets horrendous along with stockpiling for a no deal brexit 😞 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

It feels pretty depressing but not particularly a surprise and I think it's necessary. Imagine we will scrap the small Christmas plan we had to see relatives, although, like you I'm not a big Christmas fan and we are planning to have a nice day/s just the two of us (board games, food etc). But in general it all feels grim.