When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

38 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Todays news really does make our colossal wait for the next election seem that much harder to stomach :( 

Boris Johnson is stuffed without Trump, now he’s left the UK completely isolated. We’ve told the EU to F off, we’ve been picking fights with Russia, we pushed back against China on 5G at Trumps behest, and now the US will side with Ireland and the EU’s interests over our hard brexiteers. Fantastic work by Cummings and co!

9 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Boris Johnson is stuffed without Trump, now he’s left the UK completely isolated. We’ve told the EU to F off, we’ve been picking fights with Russia, we pushed back against China on 5G at Trumps behest, and now the US will side with Ireland and the EU’s interests over our hard brexiteers. Fantastic work by Cummings and co!

5D chess hyperforecasters

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Apparently any Covid patient with any recent history of visiting Denmark, is to now be kept in isolation in a special unit for infectious disease. 

This is due to the new strain found in Denmark, which has mutated in Mink. 

Not taking any chances by the sounds of things.

Have you got a link on that? Cant find it anywhere but very interested in it 

Edited by efcfanwirral

16 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Thread

On 11/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, mikegday said:

Standard swab test for us. But my closest test centre is in St. Helens, we work in Liverpool. You must only get the new tests if you choose one of the new test centres in Liverpool. There doesn’t seem to be a distinction between the centres, something they probably should put in.

Got my swab tests result back just now about 28 hours from test . Negative fortunately as expected.  But hopefully the more of us in liverpool and those who work in liverpool take part the better 

4 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Got my swab tests result back just now about 28 hours from test . Negative fortunately as expected.  But hopefully the more of us in liverpool and those who work in liverpool take part the better 

General question out of interest should it become commonplace around the country - if you have a test off your own back and have 0 symptoms, are you expected to self isolate before getting results back or are you allowed to go about daily life as normal until/if you get a positive test? 

11 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Got ours at 8pm this evening too, 31 hours since test. Both negative - but like you say I’m hoping lots of people continue to take the test. Problem is I think those who don’t really care about it all and are doing as they please, they’re the ones who should but won’t get a test!

9 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

General question out of interest should it become commonplace around the country - if you have a test off your own back and have 0 symptoms, are you expected to self isolate before getting results back or are you allowed to go about daily life as normal until/if you get a positive test? 

Go about ‘normal’ life until result arrives - you’re not showing symptoms after all. I realise how stupid saying normal life sounds right now!

Edited by mikegday

What are the chances of the Festival going ahead in 2021?

Without some sort of a (should one exist) vaccine self-certification system, or some sort of compulsory testing regime, I don't see how a gathering of 1/4 million people from all over the UK / World is looking likely even if there are enough artists willing to fill the bill.

Will the Eavises go bankrupt?

Please correct me on all this!

At least we can just say, for now, This was last year!!!!  ....

5 hours ago, bamber said:

Without some sort of a (should one exist) vaccine self-certification system, or some sort of compulsory testing regime, I don't see how a gathering of 1/4 million people from all over the UK / World is looking likely even if there are enough artists willing to fill the bill.

No one knows. Depends if their is a working vaccine.

I suspect either way things will be looser next year. People aren't exactly happy with lockdown. It's restrictions without end that we cannot stand. "I'm sorry, but you have to hold on for another 10 to 15 weeks while we vaccinate the most vulnerable 30% of the population and those most likely to transmit Covid" is very different from "I'm sorry, but you can't go out, and I don't know when that will change."

5 hours ago, bamber said:

50/50

vaccine will be available by then but will it have rolled out enough to change things?

No they won’t 

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Wow, I’m so glad we aren’t in France, +86852 cases today.

I don't know why its escalated so badly there, although it did seem like they were being quite resistant to bring in new restrictions so maybe they're seeing the effects of it. I know they've said here cases seems to be levelling off so hopefully it will improve here soon but I do wonder why the second wave around europe has differed so much 

18 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/education-54841316?__twitter_impression=true

The good news keeps on coming, the government have pledged £396m towards free school meals for the Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays thanks to Marcus Rashfords campaign 

with the news snuck-out under cover of the US election, in the hope they don't get ridiculed for yet another u-turn.