When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/education-54841316?__twitter_impression=true

The good news keeps on coming, the government have pledged £396m towards free school meals for the Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays thanks to Marcus Rashfords campaign 

This and furlough - they've suddenly decided to do the right thing twice in a few days without immediate pressure. Almost like they've been released from something....

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I don't know why its escalated so badly there, although it did seem like they were being quite resistant to bring in new restrictions so maybe they're seeing the effects of it. I know they've said here cases seems to be levelling off so hopefully it will improve here soon but I do wonder why the second wave around europe has differed so much 

I wonder what their testing criteria is.

8 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I wonder what their testing criteria is.

https://opendata.ecdc.europa.eu/covid19/testing/xlsx/

Not entirely sure when “week 44” is but France got 289,424 cases from 1,403,235 tests (20% positivity)

UK on the other hand got 157,650 positive cases for 2,201,871 tests (7.2% positivity rate)

I know the UK does a lot of routine testing of care home workers and others which have very low positivity rate but highly concerning for the French that they can do less than 2/3 of the tests that we can and still find more than 80% more cases. 

Either they have more efficient criteria for identifying who should be tested, or their population is just completely riddled. 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

bit concerned about the mink effect on the vaccine :( 

Me too, but very reassuring that they’ve moved emphatically to limit travel from Denmark to keep this new mutation out. The border is completely closed to non-residents who’ve been to Denmark in the past two weeks, and for those who are residents, the entire household needs to quarantine which is far stricter than those travelling to other countries. 

4 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/education-54841316?__twitter_impression=true

The good news keeps on coming, the government have pledged £396m towards free school meals for the Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays thanks to Marcus Rashfords campaign 

It's great, they're finally giving the money, but the story has moved on so most people will think they never did, so they will still cop the flack- who thought this was a great strategy on their part!

Edited by Mr.Tease

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Me too, but very reassuring that they’ve moved emphatically to limit travel from Denmark to keep this new mutation out. The border is completely closed to non-residents who’ve been to Denmark in the past two weeks, and for those who are residents, the entire household needs to quarantine which is far stricter than those travelling to other countries. 

Just Denmark might not be enough. Genie already out of the bottle with this. Going to need some draconian measures to halt the spread of this:

Denmark, Italy and Spain are among six countries that have reported coronavirus cases in farmed mink, the World Health Organization said today.

The Netherlands, Sweden and the United States have also reported the presence of the coronavirus in mink to the World Organisation for Animal Health, the WHO said in a statement.

https://www.politico.eu/article/6-countries-coronavirus-mink-farm-un-health-agency/

25 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's great, they're finally giving the money, but the story has moved on so most people will think they never did, so they will still cop the flack- who know who thought this was a great strategy on their part!

They’ve already been damaged considerably in the polls over this. Good to see a u turn though as this will help many. 

37 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Just Denmark might not be enough. Genie already out of the bottle with this. Going to need some draconian measures to halt the spread of this:

Denmark, Italy and Spain are among six countries that have reported coronavirus cases in farmed mink, the World Health Organization said today.

The Netherlands, Sweden and the United States have also reported the presence of the coronavirus in mink to the World Organisation for Animal Health, the WHO said in a statement.

https://www.politico.eu/article/6-countries-coronavirus-mink-farm-un-health-agency/

Time to go full NZ and close the borders to all non-essential travel? 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Even if the Eavis family did go bankrupt, a white knight will be along to save Glastonbury soon enough. It’s high profile enough that someone will take it over.

I don't think that would even need to happen (or any of us would want it to happen), think they could do a crowd fund and people would be able to raise enough to save it via donations

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

Not great but it doesnt mean the same mutation happened and jumped back to humans in each of those separate situations. Reliant on luck but we might be ok. 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Even if the Eavis family did go bankrupt, a white knight will be along to save Glastonbury soon enough. It’s high profile enough that someone will take it over.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I don't think that would even need to happen (or any of us would want it to happen), think they could do a crowd fund and people would be able to raise enough to save it via donations

My thoughts exactly on the crowdfunder. And dont forget some of the donations to it would be...substantial from the likes of Chris martin, damon albarn, noel gallagher etc and that's just the obvious ones.

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not great but it doesnt mean the same mutation happened and jumped back to humans in each of those separate situations. Reliant on luck but we might be ok. 

My thoughts exactly on the crowdfunder. And dont forget some of the donations to it would be...substantial from the likes of Chris martin, damon albarn, noel gallagher etc and that's just the obvious ones.

Those guys won’t just be giving Eavis money. They’ll want their cut of the pie for sure.