When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is it - it's down to the areas and I think it's a poor/less poor divide. Places like Bolton and oldham somehow get worse the more restrictions are added...

Most of the people I know in Bolton thinks this virus is fake and overblown so not really following the rules...

Oldham has a huge low paid work force working in essential roles or customer facing roles and have no choice but to work, which increased their risk of catching the virus. When they put some tier 2+ measures in place though in July/Aug they did get their figs down though (I know on way up again :( )

6 hours ago, The Dawg said:

Seeing separate photos of my sisters in Australia in crowded bars and not a mask in sight is making me think how are things so different over there? One is in Perth and the other Queensland.

Similar. Got a lot of friends in New Zealand from my time there and they are all just living their lives now, coming in to summer. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

really ? thats quite scary ... I know several that think the same but not anywhere near most .... thats really worrying going forward :( for everything including vaccine uptake 

Most of the people I know personally. that doesn't mean everyone just to be clear btw

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

image.thumb.png.e89bb2239c73211d86bee87793f69c66.png

UP from 21,95 cases and 326 deaths last week. Not good it's still rising on a 7 day curve as we are just starting lockdown

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Went for a bike ride with the kid this afternoon...and I have a feeling not everyone is following the rules.

I think a lot of people will bend the rules when it comes to meeting people outside. - Are more than 2 people from the same household allowed out at the same time? or just blanket 2 person rule

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

@Toilet Duck Sounds like Sinopharm are claiming victory in the race to find a working vaccine. What are the chances that Western countries will approve a Chinese vaccine? 

668AFAFC-DB3F-462A-A151-CD2EE3210F87.png

Howdy, until the have phase 3 data to support it, unlikely that western regulators would approve. Giving it to loads of people and saying nobody has been infected is not the same as an RCT. The problem they’ve had in China is that there isn’t enough infections to run the trials! Safety could be fine and it may well work perfectly, but the bar for approval is high (I haven’t looked into it, I know they were doing deals in Indonesia, so it may be that they supply markets that don’t have as much access to the ones coming from big western Pharma). 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

and whilst here @Toilet Duck anything  you can add about the worrying signs from the mink in Denmark and our vaccines coming .... will they protect us from this latest strain ?

This particular CoV seems to have a lot of potential animal reservoirs, one of the reasons I think it’s here to stay, vaccine or no vaccine. We don’t know yet what this mutation does, so it’s a bit early to speculate, but once we have approved vaccines, then tweaking them to deal with new strains would be quicker than where we started from this time (and much quicker for the genetic vaccines compared to subunit/attenuated ones). If recombination occurs in animals, we are well placed to adapt the emerging vaccines to deal with it (we do it for flu every year...got my shot this morning!). Bad news for the mink though. 

7 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

UP from 21,95 cases and 326 deaths last week. Not good it's still rising on a 7 day curve as we are just starting lockdown

I think a lot of people will bend the rules when it comes to meeting people outside. - Are more than 2 people from the same household allowed out at the same time? or just blanket 2 person rule

I think more than 2 people from same household are...

Anyway, in park there were loads of people playing football and basketball, big groups etc. So I called the police.

38 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

image.thumb.png.e89bb2239c73211d86bee87793f69c66.png

23 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Does this include positive tests from the Liverpool mass testing experiment? 

45 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Think you're allowed out with your whole household or bubble, but you can only meet one other person from another household. So has to be one on one if not from your household or bubble.

Just been for a walk in the park and it was really busy. Sure some are bending the rules, but as it's outside I'm not inclined to worry too much about it.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Think you're allowed out with your whole household or bubble, but you can only meet one other person from another household. So has to be one on one if not from your household or bubble.

Just been for a walk in the park and it was really busy. Sure some are bending the rules, but as it's outside I'm not inclined to worry too much about it.

Correct, like before you're allowed with your household but only 1 other person not in your household- I agree that meeting outside has far less transmission so I wouldnt be as concerned however I'd still stick to the rules nonetheless 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

Correct, like before you're allowed with your household but only 1 other person not in your household- I agree that meeting outside has far less transmission so I wouldnt be as concerned however I'd still stick to the rules nonetheless 

Oh yeah I will be (we don't live near enough to anyone to meet them anyway while avoiding public transport). Just meant I'm not going to stress out about what other groups in parks are doing as at least they are outside.

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Similar. Got a lot of friends in New Zealand from my time there and they are all just living their lives now, coming in to summer. 

Life is very normal here and has been for quite a while, covid in general has quite a low profile and very very few people are wearing masks anywhere or using the tracer app.  

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Those numbers are horrible. I really hope the lockdown can start to work quickly!

It is working isn't it? Or rather the raft of Tier 3 impositions a couple of weeks ago seems to have stabilised the number of new cases. There's nothing we can do now about the double lag of hospitalisations and deaths, but the infection curve looks to be flattened already, with four weeks, hopefully it should come down a bit.

It does bring it home what a tiny, tiny amount of time a month is to deal with such a large infection rate. It makes me furious that so much time and so many lives were wasted by the insistence that furlough wasn't being extended and that there was so much delay in moving to tier 3. So infuriating and tragic that we cannot do anything about the deaths that are already essentially in the pipeline.

But staying positive, the infection rate has stabilised, the hospitalisations will hopefully be next along with a drop in the infections.

I'm still doing my Christmas shopping online!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Apparently any Covid patient with any recent history of visiting Denmark, is to now be kept in isolation in a special unit for infectious disease. 

This is due to the new strain found in Denmark, which has mutated in Mink. 

Not taking any chances by the sounds of things.

Animal cruelty blowing up in our faces