Jump to content
dotdash79

New venue in the common for 2020

Recommended Posts

I was just looking for at something and came across this about the common:

 

NEW VENUE FOR 2020!

We’re making something incredibly special for you. Amidst the well-loved rave-arenas of The Temple and the Rum Shack a new and sparkling jewel is emerging, a secret, sacred well, a portal to another world! Prepare to be submerged in sound and born again… More details coming soon! Samula is going to another level!

 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/

 

I wonder what it could be?

 

Apologies if this has been posted already

Edited by dotdash79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Hot Chip do a set in The Common last year? I swear it was on one of the posters but I never heard anything else about it. Was it just a DJ set?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcshed said:

So it'll be Samula they are talking about, which was The Cave before it was Samula.

Yeah, sounds like they’ve grander designs for the watery cave place this year, which is a slight surprise as I thought it went down very well in its last incarnation. Very cool watery screens effect. On the other side of the Temple to the Rum Shack.

65104675_925230744486339_705666409226122


ANDREW-WHITTON-NME-GLASTO19-1318-WEB.jpg

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mcshed said:

So it'll be Samula they are talking about, which was The Cave before it was Samula.

Yea it looks like either an upgrade on that or another addition to that part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never got into anywhere in the common. That needs to change for 2020.

The Temple is one of the best places at the festival for me.  Especially at sunrise when you're on the top shelf :danced:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah, sounds like they’ve grander designs for the watery cave place this year, which is a slight surprise as I thought it went down very well in its last incarnation. Very cool watery screens effect. On the other side of the Temple to the Rum Shack.

65104675_925230744486339_705666409226122


ANDREW-WHITTON-NME-GLASTO19-1318-WEB.jpg

 

 

Agree, I thought samula was very well done, spent several hours off me bonce on the balconies above the waterfall. If they are improving this further then fair play because they could have definitely got away with doing the exact same thing and having many happy punters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back the glory days of Ben Ufo b2b Jobse in The Temple to round off the whole thing and then we'll start talking

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never got into anywhere in the common. That needs to change for 2020.

Wha..???

Never been in the Temple, Fuzz??

Well, that has to change! Right DJ, right crowd in there...? Quality

Ben

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Bring back the glory days of Ben Ufo b2b Jobse in The Temple to round off the whole thing and then we'll start talking

Still the best DJ set I’ve seen at glasto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Bring back the glory days of Ben Ufo b2b Jobse in The Temple to round off the whole thing and then we'll start talking

Popof in the Temple, Saturday night 2017 - one of those sets that deserved to be admired by the True Believers. It was brilliant.

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wha..???

Never been in the Temple, Fuzz??

Well, that has to change! Right DJ, right crowd in there...? Quality

Ben

I know, I need to get in there really!

I queued up for an hour in (I think) 2016. After an hour I was still quite a way from getting in and I didn't bother waiting any longer.

If the line up is right this year, I might mooch over at Headliner time and check it out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know, I need to get in there really!

I queued up for an hour in (I think) 2016. After an hour I was still quite a way from getting in and I didn't bother waiting any longer.

If the line up is right this year, I might mooch over at Headliner time and check it out..

That's the secret.

A couple of times I've done a tactical move prior to the end of a headliner, then legged it South-East and charged smugly into a rapidly filling Temple!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit clueless about that area of the festival to be honest. Is there any kind of common theme to the music & DJs booked for each venue, or is it a wild variation depending on who's playing?

Looks like an amazing place, but if it's wall to wall D&B then that's not for me... 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...