Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not sure that rings true... My eyebrows would soar if HAIM, who were 4th down the Other in 2017 and haven't released an album since, suddenly elevated to Pyramid sub. Tame Impala were in a post-Currents coronation phase that lasted for years

3rd for HAIM feels doable. 5th wouldn't be a stretch either, and is maybe more likely – where Years & Years were.

2nd from top on the Pyramid, in an anniversary year, seems a really remote chance.

Agree for the most part, wouldn't be shocked to see them 2nd though, but I like them quite a bit. 

I think with the more recent news of Capaldi being out, I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after Diana Ross. I think because the sub-headliner on Sunday has been so out of the loop for so long, until Dua was put in that spot by a few on here and now she's seemingly out, it could be anything. 

What about Mark Ronson for the Sunday Pyramid sub? He subbed the Other in 2015 and only played a DJ set/guest slots (Miley and King Princess) last year. This year he's playing Sziget in a high slot and doesn't have many other dates announced so could easily appear at Glastonbury. Could bring out some special guests too e.g. Lykkie Li, Lilly Allen, Boy George, Alicia Keys etc.

15 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

What about Mark Ronson for the Sunday Pyramid sub? He subbed the Other in 2015 and only played a DJ set/guest slots (Miley and King Princess) last year. This year he's playing Sziget in a high slot and doesn't have many other dates announced so could easily appear at Glastonbury. Could bring out some special guests too e.g. Lykkie Li, Lilly Allen, Boy George, Alicia Keys etc.

Maybe 5 years ago but not now. Calvin would be a better booking if you wanted a DJ.

11 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Nothing to suggest it is or isn't happening.

Emily's clearly a besotted fan and Billie into Taylor would put two of the biggest female acts of the 21st century together on Sunday night, and be a huge look for the festival in general.

But, Billie is easily at full headline size already and would presumably walk it in 2021. Intuition says she's probably being held for that.

So by that reckoning you've got Billie Eilish and Lewis Capaldi as two of the headliners.

I’m sorry but Elbow subbing is the most unimaginative booking Glastonbury could make. It worked years ago when it they still had some stock about them, but the ship has just sailed.

The festival will be more inventive than that. I promise you. We all need to stop selling Glastonbury short.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sorry but Elbow subbing is the most unimaginative booking Glastonbury could make. It worked years ago when it they still had some stock about them, but the ship has just sailed.

The festival will be more inventive than that. I promise you. We all need to stop selling Glastonbury short.

They booked The Killers to headline last year...

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Totally agree.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

However not sure I'm as optimistic as you 😂

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I fear you’re veering into “I don’t like them so they don’t count” territory.

Elbow have a history with the festival and are still highly regarded enough by the public to deliver an hour of crowd pleasers. I don’t think it will be them but they can’t be ruled out.

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They booked The Killers to headline last year...

Who are still a stadium act? Elbow are nowhere near as big as they were when they last got a sub slot.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Elbow have a history with the festival and are still highly regarded enough by the public to deliver an hour of crowd pleasers. I don’t think it will be them but they can’t be ruled out.

Not at all I just think it’s such a Glasto Chat style prediction. There’s honestly more chance of someone like Skepta subbing than Elbow again.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’d do well to stretch One Day Like This and Grounds for Divorce over an hour

It isn’t gonna be Elbow. They still tick a lot of the boxes for it but I think they will’ve gone for something a bit more complementary to Swift. Elbow can be on before LDR on the Friday or something, or even better in one of these secret Pyramid sets everybody’s predicting, or better yet, not there at all.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who are still a stadium act? Elbow are nowhere near as big as they were when they last got a sub slot.

Not at all I just think it’s such a Glasto Chat style prediction. There’s honestly more chance of someone like Skepta subbing than Elbow again.

What’s wrong with Glasto Chat?

(never been on there myself)

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What’s wrong with Glasto Chat?

(never been on there myself)

I don’t think it’s a problem. Just it’s full of a certain demographic which don’t exactly develop along with the changes of the festival.

They seem to want / demand / expect lineups that look like they are fresh out of 2004. Burying their heads in the sand that the festival has changed a bit in the last 10 years. They don’t really care about anything new or exciting or different.