Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

Kendrick Lamar / Lana Del Rey

Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher

Taylor Swift / Dua Lipa

is what I am thinking now. I think there’s a good chance Lana and Dua could swap but I’m sticking to what I heard a long time ago (even though it didn’t seem believable at the time).

On 2/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, LGH said:

https://www.nme.com/festivals/glastonbury/lana-del-rey-confirmed-to-play-glastonburys-pyramid-stage-2608716

As someone put on another thread, Friday sub.

Pretty disappointed as I was hoping for something a little more upbeat before Kenny.

Same. Best be something better on close by like. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just reviving this thread based on info that Dua Lipa may be on the Other and Capaldi is potentially ruled out altogether.

Really rooting for Billie to sub Swift now. I've previously been adamant that she's too big, and I don't see it as especially likely, but that really is the dream scenario. LDR | Noel | Billie would be a massive set of subs, and having 4 women occupy the top 9 acts (Pyramid headliners, subs and Other headliners) would be great to see.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Lana Del Rey, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Elbow is what we're gettin.

I refuse to believe Elbow are in that slot again until they walk out on stage. Surely they've got something more interesting.

Don’t see it being Billie for the same reason that they probably didn’t book Capaldi - already did it last year on the second main stage, so little point having them back to do it again on the next stage up. Both Lana and Noel were seemingly sorted ages ago and so I reckon the same for our third sub, so don’t see it being something they sorted out last year. 

Fuck knows who it’s gonna be, mind. Elbow would be a terrible choice, but it seems about right for them to return after six years of absence from the Pyramid. Hopefully something much better though.

Lana - Confirmed

Noel - if we believe the rumours/info people have here

Possibilities for Sunday:

Alicia Keys - in the area

Biffy Clyro - SR here to be playing but would they do the same spot again

Foals - Again, same slot again

Elbow - Glastonbury house band but not the most inspired booking

Tyler - Would he sub or is he only accepting headline spots as suggested here

Trying to think of ransom suggestions other than the above.  Royal Blood and Wolf Alice maybe? Ian Brown?

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Lana - Confirmed

Noel - if we believe the rumours/info people have here

Possibilities for Sunday:

Alicia Keys - in the area

Biffy Clyro - SR here to be playing but would they do the same spot again

Foals - Again, same slot again

Elbow - Glastonbury house band but not the most inspired booking

Tyler - Would he sub or is he only accepting headline spots as suggested here

Trying to think of ransom suggestions other than the above.  Royal Blood and Wolf Alice maybe? Ian Brown?

NICK CAVE

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

Would make much more sense to give him an Other headline spot. 

IDK, they might look at Cave and think he's got form for nailing a Pyramid Sub slot. 

Are we certain there's no chance of HAIM doing it? Headlining Latitude, new material is great, friends with Taylor. Yes they aren't big enough in normal circumstances, but maybe the Sunday is one of those days where the acts aren't necessarily placed in order of size? 

Edited by jparx

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

IDK, they might look at Cave and think he's got form for nailing a Pyramid Sub slot. 

Are we certain there's no chance of HAIM doing it? Headlining Latitude, new material is great, friends with Taylor. Yes they aren't big enough in normal circumstances, but maybe the Sunday is one of those days where the acts aren't necessarily placed in order of size? 

I’ve been thinking about Haim getting a big boost up the lineup to sub or third for the same reasons you’ve given. I know Latitude headliners tend to vary in size quite a bit but they’re clearly an act that festivals see a future in and they love Glastonbury. Wouldn’t be too far off Tame Impala in ‘16 would it? Just need the new album to give them that extra boost back in to the limelight. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Just reviving this thread based on info that Dua Lipa may be on the Other and Capaldi is potentially ruled out altogether.

Really rooting for Billie to sub Swift now. I've previously been adamant that she's too big, and I don't see it as especially likely, but that really is the dream scenario. LDR | Noel | Billie would be a massive set of subs, and having 4 women occupy the top 9 acts (Pyramid headliners, subs and Other headliners) would be great to see.

5 out of 10 if you count the legend.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve been thinking about Haim getting a big boost up the lineup to sub or third for the same reasons you’ve given. I know Latitude headliners tend to vary in size quite a bit but they’re clearly an act that festivals see a future in and they love Glastonbury. Wouldn’t be too far off Tame Impala in ‘16 would it? Just need the new album to give them that extra boost back in to the limelight. 

Yep, think it's comparable. Tame were probably a touch bigger but not massively so. I don't think eyebrows would be raised if Sunday was Diana Ross > Alicia Keys > HAIM > Taylor. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

5 out of 10 if you count the legend.

Indeed, thanks for the correction!

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not sure that rings true... My eyebrows would soar if HAIM, who were 4th down the Other in 2017 and haven't released an album since, suddenly elevated to Pyramid sub. Tame Impala were in a post-Currents coronation phase that lasted for years

3rd for HAIM feels doable. 5th wouldn't be a stretch either, and is maybe more likely – where Years & Years were.

2nd from top on the Pyramid, in an anniversary year, seems a really remote chance.

Meh I dunno...i'm not sure it really matters if acts are placed in order of size, especially on the Sunday. Yeah, HAIM would probably be one (if not the) smallest subs they've ever booked, but they'd be giving a leg up to a newer act and they are getting big slots at other festivals. If you were really concerned about it you could have Alicia Keys sub, I just don't think it causes any damage in the long term and really helps out an act who will benefit from the exposure. 

I'd rather a smaller but much more fresh act like HAIM get the gig than Elbow, put it that way.

To be clear I don't think it's the most likely option, but I do think there's a chance and it wouldn't shock or upset me.