Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Sorry if this has been covered but,

any chance The Chems sub Pyramid ?

It would be back to back years for them but it is the 50th and there does seem to be a lovely little gap in their tour schedule.

Ordinarily I’d have said no chance, given they headlined T’Other last year, but they did Tweet that photo of the Pyramid a few months ago, although obviously they’ve got close ties with the Eavii so it could be they were just visiting.

Edited by henry bear

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Ordinarily I’d have said no chance, given they headlined T’Other last year, but they did Tweet that photo of the Pyramid a few months ago, although obviously they’ve got close ties with the Eavii so it could be they were just visiting.

That sounds promising.

What was  the context of the tweet? Was it for the 50th book launch?

Edited by BlackZeppelin

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think the best you’ll get from the Chems this year is a special guest DJ slot somewhere like Pangea or IICON. Can’t see them doing a full set anywhere.

That would be both cool and more fitting. It’s a bit stale if ‘bigger’ artists show up on the main stages every year.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:41 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I think the best you’ll get from the Chems this year is a special guest DJ slot somewhere like Pangea or IICON. Can’t see them doing a full set anywhere.

Ooh a Chems DJ set on either Pangea or IICON would be class.

Would like to see some more mainstream/bigger acts on IICON to be honest, an incredible stage that I only spent all of 10 minutes at last year.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, MaxPower said:

Would like to see some more mainstream/bigger acts on IICON to be honest, an incredible stage that I only spent all of 10 minutes at last year.

This is a disappointment of mine, too.

Gad a good look at it when wandering Wednesday night but obviously there was no music on there. Then had a brief look when walking around on Saturday night. 

On 2/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, MaxPower said:

I missed 2017 & 2019 so not seen IICON yet, maybe they've improved space/access? If not though I can see the festival being worried about crowding if bigger acts were to play in the SE corner... 

13 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I missed 2017 & 2019 so not seen IICON yet, maybe they've improved space/access? If not though I can see the festival being worried about crowding if bigger acts were to play in the SE corner... 

Honestly at no point during the weekend was I in any state to assess space/access provisions. All I know is it was an incredible stage visually.

30 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Still yet to see The Strokes in anything other than a headline slot at every festival they're playing, no Glastonbury slot me thinks

As it has been for like 10 years. They only accept headline slots and shows that pay their full free.

I feel like every year people chat the Strokes on this forum but it always ends up the same.