Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

Just now, sisco said:

Nice gap in her European touring schedule 

Maaaaaan. This would be insane before Swifty. 

I'm a little concerned about how good this Glasto might be.

I'm also overly concerned about this year's potential clashes. We've only had 3 or so acts announced and I'm already shitting it about the rumours. The stage predictions thread gives me palpitations.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Alicia Keys as a sub? She’s big but she’s not that big. 

I feel like the National are gonna be there. If this was any other band their tour dates would surely rule them in.

Failing to see how she isn’t big enough to sub. Doing arenas, high profile name, loads of hits.  

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Failing to see how she isn’t big enough to sub. Doing arenas, high profile name, loads of hits.  

I think it just depends how you look at it. She’s massive but she’s not exactly current in the music scene right now. I don’t think she’s had a big big hit in many years. I think third down / fourth down pyramid would work best for her. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Alicia Keys as a sub? She’s big but she’s not that big. 

I feel like the National are gonna be there. If this was any other band their tour dates would surely rule them in.

Any other band as in a band who didn't sub the main stage to a mixed reception just two festivals prior?

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think it just depends how you look at it. She’s massive but she’s not exactly current in the music scene right now. I don’t think she’s had a big big hit in many years. I think third down / fourth down pyramid would work best for her. 

Are you talking about Stevie Nicks or Alice Keys? Can’t tell.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, chazwwe said:

XX into Radiohead is one of my favourite act into another act at any festival ive been too

With Royal Blood before XX  creating a platform of energy and intensity for the other acts to work off. That combination was brilliant.

We barely new an XX song, but thoroughly loved their set and the way it built into "the greatest band of all time's" show.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Agreed. Combined with having just seen Kate Tempest at W Holts, it's the best run of acts I've ever had at the festival in over 20 years.

RTJ > Caribou > Hot Chip WH 2015 my best ever run. Non stop party. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Agree on this. 

I see a similar slot to Katy Perry and Lauryn Hill.

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

My favourite run remains Saturday night 2016:

Last Shadow Puppets > Art Garfunkel > Adele

Art Garfunkel was awful but the atmosphere and love for him in that tent was something else. The very definition of crowd interaction.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

RTJ > Caribou > Hot Chip WH 2015 my best ever run. Non stop party. 

I went to Glastonbury for the first time in 2014 and just fell in love with the place and everything about it. 2015 was the year that I really got into the music variety and wanted to keep up with what was going on, that run was fantastic. Was fairly close for most of it too. 

Best ever run:

Plant 》 Manics 》 Metallica 

As for this year's Pyramid subs, agree with NGHFB for Saturday, hoping Elbow get one but think they're more likely a headliner on another stage, I reckon there could be one or two completely out of the blue acts announced for the sub slots.

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I reckon Lewis Capaldi for Sunday sub.

Might seem drab, but lest we forget George Ezra last year plus David Grey was a sub in 2003 and Capaldi's higher up the white ladder in half the time. Wouldn't rule it out as peak Sunday picnic-blanket bait.

WE might see him as drab, but he is MASSIVE, had both the best selling single AND album in the UK in 2019.

If that doesn't make him a 'perfect' Pyramid Sunday sub, nothing does!

Ben

18 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Yup. Have to agree with that. 

The Sunday run of Chic -> The Cinematic Orchestra -> Moderat -> Justice is my all time favourite day at a festival. 

Sunday of 2017 also had my best ever run

Chic - Sampha - Kano - Justice

If it's RB, Calvin and PSB, that leaves just one female headliner across the two main stages. Obviously they can only book what's available, but since we know they are putting the effort in to achieve an even gender balance, it just makes me wonder if the Pyramid subs will be female? Or perhaps 2 of the 3 are female? 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

If it's RB, Calvin and PSB, that leaves just one female headliner across the two main stages. Obviously they can only book what's available, but since we know they are putting the effort in to achieve an even gender balance, it just makes me wonder if the Pyramid subs will be female? Or perhaps 2 of the 3 are female? 

I suppose the argument could be there is a 50/50 split across the four biggest slots (Three headliners plus legend).

• Upvote 1