Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

19 hours ago, circus92 said:

Sticking my head above the parapet here ....

Only joined here last September, and it is genuinely one of the nicest places on the internet, and by quite some margin.

I can remember when I had just joined observing a few posters giving serious grief to @Matt42 and thinking to myself "wow that's all a bit uncalled for".  Then I thought to myself there must be more to it that I am not aware off,  and I am new here, so just kept out of it at the time.  Since then I have seen the same type of thing flare up on numerous other occasions, mainly always directed at @Matt42, and also nearly always started by the same few people, and also with the same few people then jumping on-board.  Like this latest nonsense this morning, it is usually completely uncalled for and not at all in the spirit of this forum, or Glastonbury for that matter.  I can tell the difference between bullying and banter, and I know what this is.

@Matt42 contributes a awful lot to this forum in my opinion and I for one enjoy his posts and opinions, regardless of whether I agree or not.

I would really hope I am not the only one who sees this behaviour for what it is, and would also hope that we could keep that sort of stuff away from here.

Well said to be honest, I have only been to the festival once and I only post once in a while when I really feel passionate about something but this really hit the nail on the head.

No joke but yesterday I was literally thinking of putting a post very similar on here myself to the same sentiment.

@Matt42 I don't necessarily agree with all you say but I do think sometimes you are singled out. Equally i do think you can handle it but for your benefit there are those of us who see both sides.

@circus92 good post that man.

• Upvote 1

I can sometimes get myself confused by things that are a given on here.

Billy is headlining every festival she’s playing and is arguably the hottest pop star around but she could potentially sub the Sunday?

If that is a potential doesn’t that open the door to quite a lot of acts people would assume are headliners?

I can see the logic of Elbow being predicted for a third down slot also when you consider Aerosmith have taken one. 

Noel subbing Macca makes sense, could even see a situation it’s been requested or offered. 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Billy is headlining every festival she’s playing and is arguably the hottest pop star around but she could potentially sub the Sunday?

I believe somebody came on here a while back with info that she was booked to play this year, although for the most part I think it’s just wishful thinking on a lot of people’s parts. She already played last year so there’s little point in having her back, and like you say, is headlining literally everything else she’s playing so no real benefit in her taking a low paying sub slot at Glastonbury.

Just now, OnlyRevolutions said:

Royal Blood? wouldn't be too strange of an act to go on before Taylor seeing as Biffy managed before Sheeran in 2017, or are we pretty confident in saying RB are headlining Other

Yeah should have definitely given Royal Blood a mention and the Biff themselves for that matter.

It seems that some of the likely candidates are being removed from the field of play - Dua Lipa and Pet Sop Boys are apparently elsewhere, Lewis Capaldi isn't playing at all apparently. Billie Eilish, Nick Cave, The National, Foals all look unlikely for a variety of reasons...

Are there any left field choices that could pop up?

The Sunday sub is now the most intriguing slot on the bill.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It seems that some of the likely candidates are being removed from the field of play - Dua Lipa and Pet Sop Boys are apparently elsewhere, Lewis Capaldi isn't playing at all apparently. Billie Eilish, Nick Cave, The National, Foals all look unlikely for a variety of reasons...

Yeezy Sunday Service. Taylor Swifts revenge for “Imma let you finish”

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I forgot what thread I was in for a moment then and was trying to work out the absence of dua and psbs and where they were instead of Glastonbury :) 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Sunday sub is billed as "Special Guest" up until the day of the festival, when it's revealed to be Lady fucking Gaga.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Or Madonna.

I don't want to be mean about Madonna, but there's absolutely no contest that I'd rather see Gaga. I'm more fussed about seeing acts in their prime, at the top of their game. 

Although if it meant we got the Madonna thing over and done with this year as a sub, and Gaga owns a 2 hour headline slot next year, I'd accept that!

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Id say she ia comfortably smaller than Miley Cyrus nowadays and would be very suprised if she subbed.

aye struggle to gauge the size of... most acts, tbf - playing the O2 and it's selling alright given the hefty prices, which seems about right for sub, but idk.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

aye struggle to gauge the size of... most acts, tbf - playing the O2 and it's selling alright given the hefty prices, which seems about right for sub, but idk.

Capaldi recently sold out two nights in a matter of minutes but some were saying he isn't big enough to sub.

eFests rules are a confusing beast. 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Capaldi recently sold out two nights in a matter of minutes but some were saying he isn't big enough to sub.

eFests rules are a confusing beast. 

Yeah, got no idea. In my brain I was comparing to The National and Tame Impala.