2020 New Music

dentalplan

Hi all - been 2 weeks since we released our debut tune. It’s been really fun doing the promo, we’ve had national radio play and a lot of positive reviews and write ups.

Just a reminder ICYMI the link is here if you’re bored this afternoon and fancy something new - https://smarturl.it/ACauseInDistress

It’s for fans of Nine inch Nails, Fugazi, Radiohead. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf do you not rate Sam’s Town? It’s aged like fine wine. Still their best.

Gave it a listen through in the lead up to them headlining and whilst the singles are still pretty top notch + a couple of others, the other half still didn’t do too much for me, but I was also in my ‘why the fuck are The Killers headlining?!’ sulk so maybe now is a good time to go back again for a fair reassessment.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gave it a listen through in the lead up to them headlining and whilst the singles are still pretty top notch + a couple of others, the other half still didn’t do too much for me, but I was also in my ‘why the fuck are The Killers headlining?!’ sulk so maybe now is a good time to go back again for a fair reassessment.

Literally just as I was reading your message ‘When you were young’ came on shuffle. How weird 

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

New Cut/Copy album out today. Very bleak and melancholy. Percect for the times.

Just came in here to flag this album too (not listened yet due to the cricket being on):

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/aug/21/cut-copy-on-the-role-of-dance-music-when-dancefloors-are-closed-it-doesnt-really-make-sense

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Thought we'd not seen you for a while.  You all good pal?

Yes mate. I have been placating Neil in the football thread for the last few months, he is hard work.

Its nice to be talking music again. Booked a ticket to see Roosevelt in Manchester next year and booked my fight for Amsterdam, to see Cut/Copy as well today. Nice to be back to a bit of normality.

So, I've been looking forward to this day since March when my favourite band of this century announced their comeback & the Bright Eyes album hasn't let me down. Probably too early to call it AOTY, but fuck it!                                            

It's made me a bit sad though that I won't be seeing them at end of the road in a couple of weeks!

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New album September 25.

Was a bit underwhelmed on first listen this morning, but definitely growing on me now. Could never get into Gore, especially after how good Koi No Yokan was, so really hoping this will be a return to form.

Edited by Lubic87

On 8/22/2020 at 9:37 AM, priest17 said:

Couldn't get on with any of yesterday's releases, there's a couple of them I'll try again in the week though. Lemon Twigs particularly rubbed me up the wrong way, I don't know what's changed in me since the first album that's made me turn on them.

If you didn't give it a go I'm really liking The Front Bottoms new one, really solid album and an improvement on the previous one.

*waits for Bamber to pile on me again*

6 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The Front Bottoms

Have we ever had a thread on terrible band names on here? Because that has to be up there!

Not been in here for a while so will have a read through the last few pages - I really need to get some music in my life.

On 8/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, Quark said:

Started off quite enjoying the new Whitney album, but then they went and absolutely murdered Take Me Home, Country Roads and they've just annoyed me.

It has its moments - I really like A.M AM and Strange Overtones - but yeah I'm not sure what they think they're doing taking that on, even with Waxahatchee!

If you're after that kinda thing - mellow country-inflected rock with a falsetto - the latest My Morning Jacket is just the ticket.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

It has its moments - I really like A.M AM and Strange Overtones - but yeah I'm not sure what they think they're doing taking that on, even with Waxahatchee!

If you're after that kinda thing - mellow country-inflected rock with a falsetto - the latest My Morning Jacket is just the ticket.

I shall, as always, take your recommendation and add it to the list! :D