2020 New Music

dentalplan

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Stupidly I’ve never been although I have flown over it when it’s in progress ... I’m going to put it on the must get out more list for next year :) 

Heartily recommend. Based on what I know of your music and festival tastes I reckon it'd be up your street. They have Hobo Jones in the Bimble Inn FFS :lol:

• Like 1

Made it to 10pm before succumbing to the leak of Imploding The Mirage rather than waiting til midnight. It's really good. I love how focused the whole thing feels.

I was super excited for the Josh Homme feature on RTJ4 which turned out to be kinda meh, so I reigned in my hype for Weyes Blood on here, but her inclusion is as good as it sounds on paper. Running Towards A Place is my favourite atm of the songs I hadn't already heard. The title track is another highlight. Fire In Bone is still the song of the year. 

Feels like it's probably around an 8/10 on the whole. 

Edited by Odessa
  • Like 1

Imploding the mirage is a top 2/3 album of The Killers, for me. Absolutely love it. 

MOSW and Dying Breed are both in my top 10 of their songs overall, but from the rest of the album I really love Running Towards a Place. That song has a blend of Fleetwood Mac, The war on drugs, Tom Petty and The killers rolled into one. Big country too. The more I listen the more I love it. Kind of glad they didn't try and make it as huge sounding as MOSW, Dying Breed or Caution, as it fits great on the album before My God. 

Edited by Neontiger90

9 hours ago, Neontiger90 said:

Imploding the mirage is a top 2/3 album of The Killers, for me. Absolutely love it. 

The first two are untouchable for me, and Day & Age is probably a class above the rest as well if only for the nostalgia factor. I've just had a second listen to ITM and it's around on par with Wonderful Wonderful. Which means it's fucking great. 

Dying Breed is going to be an absolute monster live.

Didn't get what I wanted from The Killers unfortunately. It completely makes sense, I haven't really got on with them for a decade, but Dying Breed and particularly My Own Soul's Warning made me think I'd love this album. Ah well. Can't knock those tunes still.

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Really surprised at how much I enjoyed the Killers album.  Don't know if that's because they'v changed or my tastes have changed, but that'll be getting repeat spins.

It’s just a much better front to back album than they’ve made before. Not so front loaded that it becomes a drag towards the back half, and although it’s not all of the same high quality, there are no real clunkers. They’ve got their influences on their sleeves for everybody to clearly see, but the songs to back it up this time. This is the album Sam’s Town should’ve been imo, or at least the album they were talking it up to be.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s just a much better front to back album than they’ve made before. Not so front loaded that it becomes a drag towards the back half, and although it’s not all of the same high quality, there are no real clunkers. They’ve got their influences on their sleeves for everybody to clearly see, but the songs to back it up this time. This is the album Sam’s Town should’ve been imo, or at least the album they were talking it up to be.

Tbf do you not rate Sam’s Town? It’s aged like fine wine. Still their best.

It’s probably a small step up from Wonderful Wonderful for me. Really enjoying it. The songs I had already heard stood out most on first listen so I’ve just had the album minus the singles on shuffle all morning and they’re definitely grabbing me more now.

2 hours ago, st dan said:

After just a few listens, I think the The Lemon Twigs new one is going to make an appearance in my AOTY lists - really big fan of this. 

Agree 100%. I didn't hate the last album but have barely gone back to it since the first listen. This one is great though even after just one listen.