Jump to content
rosieangel

Kylie Crowd Size

Recommended Posts

Was the estimate for Kylie's crowd ever mentioned/confirmed at all?

The FT put it at 100,000 but I don't know if this is based on anything. https://www.ft.com/content/af6b830a-9c07-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb

Watching her set back on iPlayer the crowd looked absolutely ginormous, would be interested to see how it ranked with Dolly, Lionel etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been in the pit for all three, Kylie was by far the most packed  - but that's at least partly due to the (unused) platform / walkway decreasing the available space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having been in the pit for all three, Kylie was by far the most packed  - but that's at least partly due to the (unused) platform / walkway decreasing the available space.

This caused a bottle neck getting in, made worse by people waiting for Sir David. Once he had said his bit and gone people moved off again and crowds moved in and the bottle neck moved a bit. Just beyond where we got stuck (next to the platform) there were quite big open spaces. 

People could just not get to them as those ahead were not looking behind them.

We also had a family sitting on the floor with full on picnic right in the narrowed entrance!!!!! Plenty asked them to move, they carried on with their picnic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to all 3 ... and can confirm that all 3 were packed if that helps ... I tried doing a headcount for Lionel  but I was going" all night long " 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the TV crane at the back of the field for Kylie. These 4 pics show the view in each direction.

 

2F6ACD61-6E59-4D42-9EFA-ABD99B064084.thumb.png.346ab75e8f42166bc1bb85ea136c6a76.png

E4155F4F-BC20-4AC7-99FB-2318070AC153.thumb.png.589321454d86b599ad4ef88562fc6a99.png

75BDBE24-7443-43E2-8C50-4190831567A3.thumb.png.b3048160baa4e434cfc308853d267e04.png

C8788AC4-2E6D-4267-B5DF-74F784C3D00C.thumb.png.8673b958dc2a03cedd63c530c8e11616.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to the back too late and it was rammed so gave up and headed to Avalon to see skinny lister they were brilliant! With the added bonus of more than a few beers at the inn. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ian the worm said:

I was under the TV crane at the back of the field for Kylie. These 4 pics show the view in each direction.

 

2F6ACD61-6E59-4D42-9EFA-ABD99B064084.thumb.png.346ab75e8f42166bc1bb85ea136c6a76.png

E4155F4F-BC20-4AC7-99FB-2318070AC153.thumb.png.589321454d86b599ad4ef88562fc6a99.png

75BDBE24-7443-43E2-8C50-4190831567A3.thumb.png.b3048160baa4e434cfc308853d267e04.png

C8788AC4-2E6D-4267-B5DF-74F784C3D00C.thumb.png.8673b958dc2a03cedd63c530c8e11616.png

Judging from our pics I’d say we were pretty close to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The view from where I was ... Doesn't help with crowd sizes at all ... in one aspect :) 

f6db52b5-ceb3-4cd8-b3b0-f97c6515c006.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

For what it's worth: this is the view from where I was!

IMG_20190630_144057082_HDR.jpg

I must have been about 20 foot behind you

 

 

B3DA28BB-0A1D-4C79-AC4F-14B33DDDAED1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just enjoyed RRC at Kendal calling.  Seen them a few times now and like the cut of their jib.

I hope they go on to live long and prosper as musicians

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was elsewhere and the rest of the site seemed pretty quiet while she was on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was Kylie this crowded?

At Rock Werchter she played in a (albeit big) tent and even that place wasn't crammed. She's not a AAA-list pop star at all. And she's not even British. I just don't get it. I'm not British myself, so I might be missing something here.

Edited by lighthouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Why was Kylie this crowded?

At Rock Werchter she played in a (albeit big) tent and even that place wasn't crammed. She's not a AAA-list pop star at all. And she's not even British. I just don't get it. I'm not British myself, so I might be missing something here.

She may not be British herself but she is, and has been, immensely popular over here for decades. She’s seen very much as an institution.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Just enjoyed RRC at Kendal calling.  Seen them a few times now and like the cut of their jib.

I hope they go on to live long and prosper as musicians

Loving the album and their live sets at festivals seem to be going down really well. Hoping they go on to be huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from the left of the tree. As close as I could get. 100k doesn’t sound a million miles off. Looks like a was next to a few eFesters :) 

093232CF-AFA1-46E8-8D66-86A9FED4B7B3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our spot by the tree as well. 😄

IMG_20190630_155923.jpg

IMG_20190630_160725.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to race around from BBC introducing and the pathway in front of Hawkswell and Rowmead was down to Single file movement 15 minutes before the start as the crowd had overflowed onto the paths. Not sure how unusual that is for the main acts, but I certainly had no trouble going the same route from John Peel when the Cure was on.

It was super dense right at the back around the Ice Cream trucks as well. Took a good 20 minutes to move about 30 metres in where my friends were

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I must have been about 20 foot behind you

 

 

B3DA28BB-0A1D-4C79-AC4F-14B33DDDAED1.jpeg

Yep. I can see the back of my head! Crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...