Clashes

fred quimby

Ok I will start

Friday

Idles v Aurora v Maribou State

Can cut short Hopkins though to catch Idles on the Truth

Saturday

Hot Chip v Chems v Cat Empire

The rest so far is not too bad. Bet when I look more there will be more than I think

Edited by fred quimby

It’s still all too much to take in, but from the looks of things there’s rarely a time when I’ll not have some kind of clash on my hands, and in multiple instances it’s a three or four way clash.

For a lineup that initially looked a tad weak it isn’t half proving to be stacked now we’ve got the full thing.

Shame clashing with Liam Gallagher is disappointing. Think they had Shame on Leftfield at peak time in 2017 too. Wanted them on earlier in the day!

Edit: Just noticed Sigrid is on at that time too.

Edit 2: And Sharon Van Etten.  FFS

Edited by Lubic87

I can't really complain. My three top headliners all fall on diff days - Interpol/Chems/Cure - and I'll just have to miss my fourth choice - Hot Chip - who I have seen  loads already.

Feels like it's a decent compensation for teh line-up not being great for me personally.

13 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Ok I will start

Friday

Idles v Aurora v Maribou State

Can cut short Hopkins though to catch Idles on the Truth

Saturday

Hot Chip v Chems v Cat Empire

The rest so far is not too bad. Bet when I look more there will be more than I think

Friday with:

IDLES v Maribou State v Morcheeba

and followed immediately by:

Jon Hopkins v Interpol v Stormzy v Tame Impala - with the additional knowledge that whoever I choose involves missing at least half of Micheal Kiwanuka to get a decent spot

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Friday with:

IDLES v Maribou State v Morcheeba

and followed immediately by:

Jon Hopkins v Interpol v Stormzy v Tame Impala - with the additional knowledge that whoever I choose involves missing at least half of Micheal Kiwanuka to get a decent spot

reckon I can dash (Ben Stylee) from Maribou state to Morcheeba

you do have Micheal Kiwanuka in there though

Lauren Hill vs The Comet is Coming

IDLES vs Lets Eat Grandma

Almost the whole of Saturday - a quick look gives me 18 must see or would like to sees. 

This is the Kit vs Fat White Family - technically not a clash but I can't get from West Holts to Park in zero minutes

Vampire Weekend vs Kamasi Washington vs Little Simz

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:
  • The Proclaimers vs The Cat Empire
  • Lauryn Hill vs The Comet is Coming
  • Kylie vs Jeff Goldblum
  • The Streets vs Janelle Monae
  • Kate Tempest vs The Chems (one set will be cut into)

I was looking out for that one too but I think it's ok. Jeff finishes on West Holts at 15.00 and Kylie starts on the Pyramid at 15.45 so time to make it there.  Granted, it'll be totally rammed but doable. 

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

I was looking out for that one too but I think it's ok. Jeff finishes on West Holts at 15.00 and Kylie starts on the Pyramid at 15.45 so time to make it there.  Granted, it'll be totally rammed but doable. 

Yeah, good point. But mid-crowd for Goldblum at West Holts then Kylie on Pyramid gives us time to grab a good space to see Billie Eilish on Other when she's done.

Man, I love this festival.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Yeah, good point. But mid-crowd for Goldblum at West Holts then Kylie on Pyramid gives us time to grab a good space to see Billie Eilish on Other when she's done.

Man, I love this festival.

Sounds like we'll be beating the same path!  Excitement is going into hyper-drive now!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup.  Comet is Coming have a few sets though.

Wise move might be to wait for Lauryn Hill at the back of the Pyramid Crowd and if she doesn't show then hotfoot it to the JPT.

Yeah, good call. What's her timeliness like at festivals, anyone?