Clashes

fred quimby

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I was listening to Radio 5 Live earlier and their entertainment correspondent came on to talk about the Glastonbury news. The only name he mentioned was Lewis Capaldi and he and host Nihal Arthanayake then discussed the ‘nightmare clash’ that was Lewis Capaldi v Hozier. 

The Pyramid is a bit of a Radio 2 void this year, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I was listening to Radio 5 Live earlier and their entertainment correspondent came on to talk about the Glastonbury news. The only name he mentioned was Lewis Capaldi and he and host Nihal Arthanayake then discussed the ‘nightmare clash’ that was Lewis Capaldi v Hozier. 

Yep this was the biggie that my group were crying about on WhatsApp. Felt dirty. 

My big ones are

Tame Impala vs Interpol vs Jon Hopkins

Idles vs Let's Eat Grandma vs Easy Life vs Rolo Tomassi vs first half of Two Door Cinema Club

The Cure vs The Streets vs Rex Orange County

Friday is an absolute clashfest. Will probably be The Cure on Sunday, Idles on Friday evening and Tame Impala as Friday Headliner, but Tame Impala could change depending on my group/how I'm feeling.

4 minutes ago, srb said:

Wu v Chems - utter hellish for me

I have done half and half between WH and Other. so could be a choice

I did Flying Lotus and the Chems a few years ago. Kind of wish I stayed at Flying Lotus as the bass and stage setup were amazing. No regrets though had a wonderful dance at the Chems

Just now, fred quimby said:

I have done half and half between WH and Other. so could be a choice

I did Flying Lotus and the Chems a few years ago. Kind of wish I stayed at Flying Lotus as the bass and stage setup were amazing. No regrets though had a wonderful dance at the Chems

Have seen the Chems loads and no doubt I will again, so might just stick with Wu as a huge fan over the years and may not get the chance again. Then again, may be in utter party mode and head to t'Other. Reckon it could be a last minute call.

Stormzy v Fatboy v Wilkinson b2b Sub focus on Friday night is my bad one

Fatboy is on other spots, but this is his big solo slot,, Stormz has the potential to go either way (a Glastonbury moment or massive dump) and the Wilkinson b2b is only a dj set but should off the hook so can’t work out what to do!

The five way clash (more or less) between Miley, VW, Billie Pirate, TGTBATQ and Kamasi on Sunday afternoon is a total horror. The thousands who sprint over to the Other after Miley are gonna be gutted when they find out Bill has already whacked out Bad Guy first up.

Starting Pale Waves 15 minutes before the end of TDCC is pretty rough on the remaining fans of jangly indie guitars, too.

11 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I'm hacked off at Casetteboy and Ocean Wisdom clashing as well as a few that have already been mentioned.

Me too, but I think Ocean Wisdom wins. I think the Sunday afternoon slot is actually a perfect time for him too: first proper injection of energy to get you going on the final day.

1 minute ago, hmmmloddy said:

Me too, but I think Ocean Wisdom wins. I think the Sunday afternoon slot is actually a perfect time for him too: first proper injection of energy to get you going on the final day.

I really don't know think it'll be a leave until the morning decision. If the Sonic redesign makes the place less awful that'd certainly help Wizzy.