tumbles

Pangea

2 hours ago, autoinflate said:

"An enormous crane that you can see from pretty much the entire site."

Bit like a building site then? But with lasers...

Maybe that why it only starts at 10pm, use the darkness to hide the structure

6 minutes ago, Adam75 said:

Maybe that why it only starts at 10pm, use the darkness to hide the structure

I think you’re right. At night, with the moon and earth lit up it will look pretty awesome! In the day time not so much!

Thinking the moon must orbit outside the centre where people aren't allowed to stand or summat. The radome has still to be added into the setup too. 

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

Where’s the dj booth gonna be? In the crane cab? 

Or underneath the globe? 

Pretty sure it’s the platform under the globe. Read somewhere that DJs will be only 2 ft above us punters. 

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Thinking the moon must orbit outside the centre where people aren't allowed to stand or summat. The radome has still to be added into the setup too. 

There's no reason that people can't stand underneath the orbiting moon or whatever else they hang off the crane - as long as they use appropriate fixings so that it can't come loose that is.

Those projections will really make it interesting. I think it'll be awesome at night if the moon's on the crane.

25 minutes ago, incident said:

There's no reason that people can't stand underneath the orbiting moon or whatever else they hang off the crane - as long as they use appropriate fixings so that it can't come loose that is.

Even better then. I thought someone said earlier in the thread there were regulations about such things which is why I was confused. 

Edited by gherkin8r

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Even better then. I thought someone said earlier in the thread there were regulations about such things which is why I was confused. 

I don't know if there are specific regulations but it is usually avoided, in my experience.

Take this quote from the HSE website:

Working under suspended loads

Where it can be avoided, loads should not be suspended over occupied  areas. Where it cannot be avoided, the risks to people must be minimised by safe systems of work and appropriate precautions. Where loads are suspended for significant periods, the area below them should be classed as a danger zone, where access is restricted.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/work-equipment-machinery/planning-organising-lifting-operations.htm

Edited by concerned

If we have those scafolds covered up, some lasers coming off of them towards the center.

The moon with projections and the Earth all lit up along with fire and more lights. I think it'll be grand. Was getting bored of the spider anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Is it? ?

I genuinely can't wait to see what they've done. I reckon it'll be insane and I'm amazed I still don't really have a clue how it'll look! 

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The moon will be seen hanging from miles, thats cool. 

If they use the moon as some kind of projector screen or have lasers focused on it from across the site that would probably look pretty amazing

I think it’s gonna look great when we’re all stood beneath it raving our tits off, but you can see why they called it an evolving work in progress, ‘cause it’s currently a long way from the spider.

The people who do the moon also do the earth in Liverpool cathedral, which you can walk underneath as it is suspended in the air. You will dance underneath it