Pangea

tumbles

5 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Isn't the moon supposed to be smaller than the earth? ?

I was saying this today to my other half, but if they made them to scale the moon would be a bit shit. My engineering brain can't get past it though, it's not to scale!!

Actually, that's wrong, I couldn't resist doing the maths.

The distance between the earth and the moon is 30x the diameter of the earth, much less than I thought, so assuming the earth at the base of the crane is around 5-10m wide it would be a couple if hundred metres away (and a quarter of it's current diameter).

Edited by bombfrog

Just seen the pyro on the speaker stacks testing and it’s pretty cool. No fire from the actual crane yet. 

The moon was hanging from the crane earlier and there’s plenty of lasers and lighting on the boom of the crane. 

Still have faith in Arcadia to pull this off. 

And there’s outward facing speakers from the DJ area of the crane so not just the same circular inward facing sound field. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Actually, that's wrong, I couldn't resist doing the maths.

The distance between the earth and the moon is 30x the diameter of the earth, much less than I thought, so assuming the earth at the base of the crane is around 5-10m wide it would be a couple if hundred metres away (and a quarter of it's current diameter).

Yeah, I thought you were exaggerating on purpose and didn't want to be that guy to get the calculator out to correct you ?