Arcadia?

Stubbsy55

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

10pm-3am with biggest about midnight. Although looking at that 2019 lineup it's hard to figure out who the top billed acts would be. 

Screenshot_20220427-191722.png

I'd consider the 00:00-2:00 to be the "headline" sets for Friday & Saturday, despite all of those names being heavy hitters.

Remember being gutted I couldn't make Bicep at 23:00, chose Tame Impala instead (also Jon Hopkins on WH at the same time) 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Why have we got two threads now?

One got made yesterday when Carl Cox leaked it then when the official announcement came @crazyfool1 made a new thread where he posted the official poster as the first post.

Personally don’t think we need two and keeping the first one would have been fine. 

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Them and Orbital. Presumably Amelie Lens will be one as she was on the Coxgate poster.

If we got Orbital, Chems and Amelie that would surely go down as the strongest electronic line ups to ever grace a non main stage at any festival? Fuck your crowded SE corner, I'll spend my late evening at the the spider haha

Edited by kemosabe

3 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

If we got Orbital, Chems and Amelie that would surely go down as the strongest electronic line ups to ever grace a non main stage at any festival.  

It would be outrageous, wouldn't it?! 

I could happily head there each night and then off down to SEC after the initial rush. 

Love him or hate him, Calvin is a really impressive booking. I almost thought that DJs of that size were one of the few types of acts there was just no place for at Glasto. Big enough to do Pyramid, but wouldn't feel right. Probably opens the door for the likes of Swedish House Mafia etc on the spider in future.

Calvin's crowd will be insane though!

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

FWIW, the farm has had loads of DJ sets from artists that play live billed without (DJ).  Don't get your hopes up for live sets. The spider booth isn't easy to get equipment in and is pretty small. It could happen, but I doubt it.

When the spider was down in Stratford they had musicians on the arms I definitely remember a drummer anyway 

20 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I'd consider the 00:00-2:00 to be the "headline" sets for Friday & Saturday, despite all of those names being heavy hitters.

Remember being gutted I couldn't make Bicep at 23:00, chose Tame Impala instead (also Jon Hopkins on WH at the same time) 

I think it’s only ever 2h slots for b2b business. Headliners are the ones that close the stage, in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Love him or hate him, Calvin is a really impressive booking. I almost thought that DJs of that size were one of the few types of acts there was just no place for at Glasto. Big enough to do Pyramid, but wouldn't feel right. Probably opens the door for the likes of Swedish House Mafia etc on the spider in future.

Calvin's crowd will be insane though!

The bigger the act on the spider the better really. To me if feels like there's far more room in that field then in any of the venues in the SE corner. Someone like Calvin will bring in the people who want to have a bit of a dance after the headlines, but then want to head to bed rather then party all night. In previous years all those people have headed to the SE corner, which makes a bad experience for everyone with queues and crowds. Get it popping in Silver Hayes as well and we're onto a winner!  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Them and Orbital. Presumably Amelie Lens will be one as she was on the Coxgate poster.

I think someone else suggested Orbital would be on Glade.  Which fits in with the genre of the stage I guess. They should be on bigger though imo 

47 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

oh...maybe. I have no idea, I think it was 2010. There were some serious crowd controls going on because of maybe some issues the year before.

It's not in the SE corner anymore so there's no queuing, it's in the middle of a field opposite the Other Stage. Does get busy around it though in all directions.

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think it’s only ever 2h slots for b2b business. Headliners are the ones that close the stage, in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Not sure I agree. I think the "headliner" is the one that's on at the prime time. Not, like, some 3am slot. But it's subjective.

I think whatever time Calvin Harris is on this year can be confirmed as the headliner slot really. I don't think its matters nearly as much with djs anyway.

• Upvote 1

For me Prime Time at Arcadia is 0000-0200 - lots will head there after main stage headliners so that’s when it’s at its peak in terms of being busy. 

12 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Not sure I agree. I think the "headliner" is the one that's on at the prime time. Not, like, some 3am slot. But it's subjective.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think whatever time Calvin Harris is on this year can be confirmed as the headliner slot really. I don't think its matters nearly as much with djs anyway.

5 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I know what you mean but "prime time" at Glastonbury on a stage like Arcadia is a tricky one since it's open later than the 'main' stages, but not as late as SE corner.

Traditionally, the headliner plays last at gigs and on festival stages, and there have always been pretty big names on last at Arcadia, but it's not so clear cut where DJ lineups are concerned, imo.  

31 minutes ago, stuie said: