Arcadia?

Stubbsy55

3 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Will they have sorted the sound out this time?

The stuff I've seen there before has often been a mess because the sounds been so shite.

Nina Kraviz, Hopkins, Four Ten are too good to be wasted on that weird stage tbh

I hope so, there is normally too much on for me to commit getting there early enough to get a good spot. That normally results in us wondering up, looking at it for 5 minutes, chatting amongst ourselves because you can barely hear it, then going elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I hope so, there is normally too much on for me to commit getting there early enough to get a good spot. That normally results in us wondering up, looking at it for 5 minutes, chatting amongst ourselves because you can barely hear it, then going elsewhere.

I’ve never seen an act for more than 10 minutes for this very reason. Going by your post I assume we basically need to be under the spider for it to sound good?

Just now, mttJ said:

Apologies for the laziness but had a quick Google and couldn’t see anything. 

Does this stage run in the early AM? Or do the headliners run in parallel with the normal stages?

Runs into the AM. I’m sure it’s normally until 3 or 4, but someone can give you more accurate times. 

• Like 1

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Runs into the AM. I’m sure it’s normally until 3 or 4, but someone can give you more accurate times. 

Thank you! I’m up for a 3am Calvin Harris but not at the expense of a lot else. 😄

ok...I haven't been to Glastonbury for years...and I'm just a boring old fart who will be there with family and really don't belong anyway...but last time I was there there was this queueing system to get into arcadia like you were in an airport or something...unless that was a dream...and once we got in it was just unpleasantly busy...is that how it is?

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve never seen an act for more than 10 minutes for this very reason. Going by your post I assume we basically need to be under the spider for it to sound good?

I've been right under it before and still sounds bad.

Sorry to be negative on here but its such a gimmicky waste of space and an actual dance stage with proper sound would be so much better. Especially with that great line up they've pulled together

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Ideally yes and then it sounds great, it’s still good if you’re close enough without being literally underneath, but much further out and the sound degrades badly.

1 minute ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Sorry to be negative on here but its such a gimmicky waste of space and an actual dance stage with proper sound would be so much better. Especially with that great line up they've pulled together

When did you last see her ? I’d expect much better now … and I remover the later versions being much better 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok...I haven't been to Glastonbury for years...and I'm just a boring old fart who will be there with family and really don't belong anyway...but last time I was there there was this queueing system to get into arcadia like you were in an airport or something...unless that was a dream...and once we got in it was just unpleasantly busy...is that how it is?

From recollection the sound at Pangaea was pretty good. They had repeaters (not sure of the technical term) in a huge circle all the way around the crane alongside the flame towers. 

2 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Sound in 2019 was definitely better. You’d imagine they’d surely bring the same system along with the outer ring of speakers. 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You’re thinking of the South East Corner, I reckon. 

6 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Apologies for the laziness but had a quick Google and couldn’t see anything. 

Does this stage run in the early AM? Or do the headliners run in parallel with the normal stages?

10pm-3am with biggest about midnight. Although looking at that 2019 lineup it's hard to figure out who the top billed acts would be. 

Screenshot_20220427-191722.png

• Like 1

No other festival on the planet could get Calvin Harris to headline their what like 4th biggest stage (and very few even second stage, if any?). Hope this leads the way in the future for other huge Arcadia bookings as even if it is just calvin harris to a lot of us, its one of the most impressive bookings i've ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’m intrigued to know who the very special guests are. I know Chemical Brothers were rumoured back when we thought it would be Pangea. Are they still in the running to appear?

Them and Orbital. Presumably Amelie Lens will be one as she was on the Coxgate poster.