Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It doesn't look like a show where you miss out by being far away from the stage.

04-bjork-cornucopia-set-designer-chiara-

Even so, setlist looks like it's going to be very Utopia-heavy, and I've already seen her do that at All Points East.

Also, I met a girl once and she loved The Sugarcubes but had no idea Bjork was a very respected and established solo artist as well. It was rather bizarre tbh

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Even so, setlist looks like it's going to be very Utopia-heavy, and I've already seen her do that at All Points East.

Also, I met a girl once and she loved The Sugarcubes but had no idea Bjork was a very respected and established solo artist as well. It was rather bizarre tbh

Ah yeah definitely swerve if you're not bothered about the latest album in its entirety.

Also wow wtf. Were you at Area 51? Cos she sounds like one of dem aliens.

Edited by dentalplan

19 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

£105.70 standing, between £42.35 and £105.70 for seats.

Fuck that

Damn. Only a year ago she was headling All Points East with the likes of Beck beneath her on the bill. Can't see many double dipping at this price.

3 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Mystery Jets tour was mentioned on Radio 1 last night, saw them last year at tramlines and at £17.50 for Bristol trinity I’m in

Yep, Brighton gig popped up on my twitter feed this morning as well.

Can't remember how I discovered Kishi Bashi, but he's a violinist that creates interesting experimental pop. Just got an email from Spotify to alert me of artists I listen to that are playing near me and it turns out he has just announced a European tour.

kishibashitour.jpg

Edited by found home in 2009

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Can't remember how I discovered Kishi Bashi, but he's a violinist that creates interesting experimental pop. Just got an email from Spotify to alert me of artists I listen to that are playing near me and it turns out he has just announced a European tour.

kishibashitour.jpg

Never heard of him, but giving the new album a spin and I like a lot. MIght well get to the Brighton gig.  Cheers for the heads up!

15 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anymore info on that Peaky Blinders festival? It seems they are only selling day tickets, but it's unclear who will be playing which day. All I've discovered so far is that Primal Scream are playing Saturday, and Anna Calvi is playing both days

I get an email for an AMEX presale but that just listed the same acts against each day then said something like 'not all artists will play both days'. 

So, that Peaky Blinders fest:

Saturday has Primal Scream, the Secret Set, and Nadine Shah. Sunday has a TBC headliner, Slaves and Mike Skinner DJ set. 

Heartbroken that I've got to choose between what could potentially be a Nick Cave set, Spriitualized and Aphex Twin. Perhaps all in one day would be possible? But unlikely

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So, that Peaky Blinders fest:

Saturday has Primal Scream, the Secret Set, and Nadine Shah. Sunday has a TBC headliner, Slaves and Mike Skinner DJ set. 

Heartbroken that I've got to choose between what could potentially be a Nick Cave set, Spriitualized and Aphex Twin. Perhaps all in one day would be possible? But unlikely

70+ quid per day??

They can fuck right off.

13 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Oh how I wish I lived in the uk to go to midweek gigs, in particular close to Portsmouth on 25th - Frank Turner

Currently have zero gigs booked for the rest of the year so trying to decide what to shell out for in the coming weeks. Thinking of: Modern Nature, Local Natives, Ezra Furman, Mystery Jets and The Correspondents. But I think I need to drop one or two for cash saving reasons but not sure who to cull.