Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Bombay Bicycle Club should have taken over the world after those first two albums. But by the time they'd finished touring the fourth album, I wasn't too bothered about the hiatus. It had a few good songs but was meh on the whole, and they focused on it too much live. They're a pretty big deal in my age group and I reckon Other headliner is bang on. Subbing at R&L would be about right too. It feels like next year is about time they returned, regardless of whether this fella's info is correct.

Headlining APE though at 60 odd quid a pop? It'd need a stellar undercard. 

Edited by Odessa

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Subbing at R&L would be about right too. It feels like next year is about time they returned, regardless of whether this fella's info is correct.

Yeah I think R+L would have them co-headline, in that way they can say they've promoted another British band into headliner territory. And with the Mr Jukes project dwindling a little bit what with only a few appearances booked, it looks like everyone has done their stint of solo material and is working their way back together.

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah I think R+L would have them co-headline, in that way they can say they've promoted another British band into headliner territory. And with the Mr Jukes project dwindling a little bit what with only a few appearances booked, it looks like everyone has done their stint of solo material and is working their way back together.

I listened to the lead single of that Mr Jukes thing once and that was it tbh. I sort of lost interest in the direction he was heading, so a reunion tour with a big focus on early stuff would be a dream. They didn't even do Dust On The Ground the first couple of times I saw them.

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Bombay Bicycle Club should have taken over the world after those first two albums. But by the time they'd finished touring the fourth album, I wasn't too bothered about the hiatus. It had a few good songs but was meh on the whole, and they focused on it too much live. They're a pretty big deal in my age group and I reckon Other headliner is bang on. Subbing at R&L would be about right too. It feels like next year is about time they returned, regardless of whether this fella's info is correct.

Headlining APE though at 60 odd quid a pop? It'd need a stellar undercard. 

It's not like APE headliners are Pyramid headliners. And it goes without saying there'd be a stellar undercard.

2 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah I think R+L would have them co-headline,

Slow down.

2 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Hold up one second, where is this coming from? I assume they'd return soon, just hadn't heard anything recently. If they were to return, it would be pretty big. Like, Other Stage headline big in my opinion

Email from their touring agency

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Bombay Bicycle Club headlining the Other Stage.

jesus fucking christ this place :lol::lol::lol:

They last played third down that stage to a huge crowd off the back of their biggest album, then went on to sell out Earls Court and a few other decent venues. Given how rarely an indie rock band headlines the Other, that particular slot is probably quite unlikely, but it's neither outlandish nor derisible to suggest they'd come back to be about that size.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They last played third down that stage to a huge crowd off the back of their biggest album, then went on to sell out Earls Court and a few other decent venues. Given how rarely an indie rock band headlines the Other, that particular slot is probably quite unlikely, but it's neither outlandish nor derisible to suggest they'd come back to be about that size.

More chance of them giving It to Blossoms than BBC.