Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Genuinely gobsmacked that Blossoms are big enough to play one stadium

It's not the biggest stadium in the world... but there will be about 20000 there. 

The blinders are on the bill.. I saw them support the Parrots in Salford over what should have been Glastonbury weekend this year. Decent ish. They make a noise anyway.

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

What can you fit in? Beyonce had a 50,000 "sell-out" for Cardiff, Springsteen got a 45,000 "sell-out" in Hampden. Anfield can probably do around 35,000-40,000 and then two at Wembley at around 70,000...

It's about 280,000 to 285,000 tickets. Given her latest record has shifted almost half a million over here (I think), maybe not too much of a stretch.

The Carters didn’t sell out the Millennium Stadium this year, indeed there were noticeably whole sections not used. I can’t see Pink being a bigger draw than them but I suspect the issue is ticket prices. If she gets that right then maybe, but I’m sceptical. 

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's not the biggest stadium in the world... but there will be about 20000 there. 

The blinders are on the bill.. I saw them support the Parrots in Salford over what should have been Glastonbury weekend this year. Decent ish. They make a noise anyway.

The Blinders' bassist did work experience as a PE teacher at my school when I was in year 11. I hit a 4 through his legs in the year 11 vs teachers cricket match.

The Blinders' frontman once wrote on my Facebook wall saying "I have just been enlightened on how FUCKING amazing Muse are Live !".

Never actually listened to them properly tho so it's whatever.

Blossoms really really love Stockport, don't they?

"Having already played Wembley, the Etihad Stadium and Old Trafford, we’re now particularly pleased to be headlining at the football ground closest to our hearts - and our houses - Stockport County Edgeley Park"

For me it's just a place I ended up. For them it's in their blood!

3 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Bombay Bicyle Club are back on the circuit next summer... JP headline?

Hold up one second, where is this coming from? I assume they'd return soon, just hadn't heard anything recently. If they were to return, it would be pretty big. Like, Other Stage headline big in my opinion

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Are they that big? To be honest they're one of those bands that completely passed me by so have no real idea how popular they are.

I don’t know really but AEG have form of reuniting acts at Coachella so it’s about time they started doing the same for UK bands.

They were third down the Other last time and played some big Earls Court shows where fuckin David Gilmour dropped in for a song. If reunions increase stature then surely they’d be about Other headline sized, as @finn_with_1_n suggests or headlining fests that Other headliners would.