Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Saw Air headline the Other Stage on the Sunday in 2002, sadly was it was dull as dishwater (I remember some dude running around the stage wearing a cape.) Won't stop me seeing them again though if they returned.

Yeah saw them before (cant remember when) and it was, fine. 

A lot of people standing aboiut gently nodding their heads from side to side.

21 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Agreed x100. I saw them in Primavera last year, right at the start of the festival run they went on, and the setlist that night was astonisinghly good - the perfect balance of hits to deep cuts and fan favourites, it stands out in my mind as being maybe the strongest setlist I've ever seen from a band. It was certainly the closest I'll ever see to my own choice of a setlist being played on stage.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2022/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-23b4fc33.html

I was there too, it was a good setlist but I do prefer the wider deep cut setlists they do now.

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Agreed x100. I saw them in Primavera last year, right at the start of the festival run they went on, and the setlist that night was astonisinghly good - the perfect balance of hits to deep cuts and fan favourites, it stands out in my mind as being maybe the strongest setlist I've ever seen from a band. It was certainly the closest I'll ever see to my own choice of a setlist being played on stage.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2022/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-23b4fc33.html

Was there as well. Was absolute perfection for a festival. Sound was on point, surrounded by good folk, setlist was just superb.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not my scene / era, but genuinely the only album I can pick out of the (admittedly blurry) photo is Welcome To The Black Parade.

Well obviously that’s the big one (Fall Out Boy don’t seem to have an album assigned to them for some reason) but as an overgrown emo kid I assure you there are tons of heavy hitter mid-00 albums there. 

15 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Lineup for When We Were Young ‘24 has apparently leaked. Lots of great bands playing great albums in full. Seems inevitable that this festival is gonna be repeating bands constantly, but f**k it, seems to be doing the job - I’d be all over this:

IMG_0050.jpeg

Bleed American is one of my favourite albums, but the real big thing for me is Pretty Girls Make Graves are back. Hope they get over here even if its some band that sees them as an influence bringing them on for a support slot.

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Literally yesterday, I was planning on making a passive comment on eFests about how Nelly Furtado hasn't been around for ages and I wonder if she'd ever play at GF...

i have a vague memory of seeing her... or at least walking past her on the Pyramid?

its tangled in the same vague memory as No Doubt... and RSVP on the bandstand... so who knows....

😀

3 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i have a vague memory of seeing her... or at least walking past her on the Pyramid?

its tangled in the same vague memory as No Doubt... and RSVP on the bandstand... so who knows....

😀

2004? My first day at Glasto. Remember it well. Wilco, The Walkmen in the "new" bands tent, back to the Pyramid and saw some of Nelly before having to go and queue for the cash machine for an hour up where the entrance to the Park is now listening to Badly Drawn Boy on the Other.