Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

We live in a society?

AdPrZSwTlmIHm4ZH0lb3TRrVZZXQ9q.jpg

To quote myself, just idly checked the sales for those Thirty Seconds to Mars arena dates. With fees, seated tickets are topping out - pre-platinum - at a rather incredulous £92.95. Not sure how disturbed I should be by that.

Manchester's AO Arena, at least, is only selling the lower bowl as matters stand. Given it is mostly gone, I imagine a few spare blocks might be opened upstairs in due course.

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Presumably festivals with just one stage?

I think I missed half of them at Leeds so I could see Simple Plan who, while never amounting to the upper echelon of pop-punk royalty, packed in the energy at the very least.

Also, they have the theme to What's New, Scooby-Doo? in their back pocket, which is a decent one to have.

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

People can call Glastonbury out for booking old acts all they like, but when I see McFly, Busted and Jason Donovan all announce shows in 2023, I think it's society that needs a telling off

Anyone buying Jason Donovan tickets now for a show in 2025 really needs to have a look at themselves. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm staggered by artists announcing shows so far out. Don't Simply Red have tickets on sale for a tour in autumn 2025?

Yeah, there was over a 2 year lead time for the first date when the onsale happened. 
Peter Kay's most recent tour is the only one I can think of with that much of a lead time between sale and event.
Maybe they think it'll take people 2 years to persuade their significant others to buy tickets? 

Edited by Dark Star

9 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Maybe they think it'll take people 2 years to persuade their significant others to buy tickets? 

I think it might take longer than two years to convince me, and I'll see any old rubbish.

9 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Jason Donovan was my first ever gig!

In the interest of eighties pop disclosure, mine was The Human League!

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

A bit presumptuous to think he'll be doing fine in eighteen months time. Anything can happen in that time

He could become relevant again. Definitely a dangerous business.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think it might take longer than two years to convince me, and I'll see any old rubbish.

In the interest of eighties pop disclosure, mine was The Human League!

He could become relevant again. Definitely a dangerous business.

Something like Masked Singer would put him back in the spotlight.