Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

19 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Hey - hoping someone here might be able to help.

I’m going to Fred again tonight. how strict is the o2 academy Brixton bag policy? They messaged saying only one bag that is smaller than a4, but I’m at work today and have a small rucksack, but bigger than A4. Will they actually turn me away? I can’t make any alt arrangements..

50/50: turn people away from some gigs, other gigs they arent bothered. 

Its such a SHIT policy, especially when they have cloakrooms.

There is a sweetshop a little further down the road offering a paid storage space. ( tenner i think?) if worse comes to worse

20 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

I’m going to Fred again tonight. how strict is the o2 academy Brixton bag policy? They messaged saying only one bag that is smaller than a4, but I’m at work today and have a small rucksack, but bigger than A4. Will they actually turn me away? I can’t make any alt arrangements..

Very strict in my experience - and when I was there for Hot Chip this year they were using a kebab shop round the corner as an overflow cloakroom!!

53 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

try one of these sites - will use off licenses you prebook to store stuff

https://www.google.com/search?q=luggage+website+london&oq=luggage+website+london&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3j33i22i29i30.3614j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks everyone for the advice on Brixton Academy bag policy.. I ended up not risking it and using stasher to find a place to store my small rucksack! Still seems a bit of an insane policy as they do have a cloakroom, but my god that was a HUGE queue for that anyway. 

Fred again was incredible, amazing vibes - feels like every song is a HIT.

Celine Dion tickets for March next year have just had a date change to April '24 - assume that rules her out of a Sunday legend slot - whatever is going on there...  <edit> health issue / muscle spasms preventing performance

Edited by p.pete

19 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

£40 for a Turnstile ticket? game’s gone

They're big enough now for it, might as well capitalise on that success while they have the chance, may not last forever. 

Would be £40 well spent tbh. Best show of 2022 ahead of Elton John, AM, Pearl Jam, Metallica, National, Tame Impala, etc, etc for me. 

18 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Celine Dion tickets for March next year have just had a date change to April '24 - assume that rules her out of a Sunday legend slot - whatever is going on there...  <edit> health issue / muscle spasms preventing performance

She still has a big gsh and she's in Europe that summer

2 hours ago, Al2006 said:

Thanks everyone for the advice on Brixton Academy bag policy.. I ended up not risking it and using stasher to find a place to store my small rucksack! Still seems a bit of an insane policy as they do have a cloakroom, but my god that was a HUGE queue for that anyway. 

Fred again was incredible, amazing vibes - feels like every song is a HIT.

Glad to hear it all went well in the end - your spot on with the vibes. Not sure if its mostly the hype behind him but it really does feel like every song is a hit live even though they just aren't at all on spotify

will be interesting to see if come next summer the momentum dies out so much that it effects the crowd, as thats really what makes his show good

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They're big enough now for it, might as well capitalise on that success while they have the chance, may not last forever. 

Would be £40 well spent tbh. Best show of 2022 ahead of Elton John, AM, Pearl Jam, Metallica, National, Tame Impala, etc, etc for me. 

I remember saying after seeing them at Slam Dunk a few years ago that I'd happily pay £50 to see them again. They've only got better since then and they are incredible at their own concerts. £40 is a steal.

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

oh definitely. don’t get me wrong, that’s £40 out of my bank account! my glasses rest at about a 20^ angle after their set at APE. certainly one of my fav gig experiences seeing them at the roundhouse as well