Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 9/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, GmasterWomble said:

Ozzy Osbourne playing UK arenas around June, any chance of him popping up at the farm?

yeah could do as he's never done it, and i can see sharon  pushing hard for it, same as i reckon she pushed hard for the commonwealth games show.

I'm intrigued by this Fred Again chat. I consider myself to be fairly well plugged in to most genres of music and try and keep up with new artists as best I can but I've never heard of him, like ever, before the last few days. Judging by the popularity both of general ticket sales and volume of comments on here clearly I've missed a pretty well respected artist and scratching my head as to how.

Can anyone enlighten me on him (them?) and what they're about. I've had a listen to a few tracks on Spotify but what's their background? 

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

I'm intrigued by this Fred Again chat. I consider myself to be fairly well plugged in to most genres of music and try and keep up with new artists as best I can but I've never heard of him, like ever, before the last few days. Judging by the popularity both of general ticket sales and volume of comments on here clearly I've missed a pretty well respected artist and scratching my head as to how.

Can anyone enlighten me on him (them?) and what they're about. I've had a listen to a few tracks on Spotify but what's their background? 

IMO, this has been the catalyst for his rocket in popularity 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

He is a prodigy of brian eno and his focus is taking old songs or interviews and remixing and making a new song out of them, 

• Thanks 1

he’s been a producer for a fair few years now, working with Headie One on an EP and co-wrote and produced a lot of Ed Sheeran songs on his Collabs Project so he has a lot of industry cred. and basically during the lockdowns, he became (at least in my mind) a big figure for those wanting to go out and party with friends (like The Streets’ get-out-and-rave MO meets Marc Rebillet’s live streams).

I saw his show at the Roundhouse and had an absolute time but his momentum is growing at a rate I didn’t quite see tbh. those first two Actual Life records were rinsed on my spotify

edit: oh and I guess a big thing about him is use of social media. he does a lot of fan polling to see what songs they like/prefer so that his next release is tailor-made for his fans. also quite interesting seeing frequent updates to the songs he makes. constantly thrifting it seems

Edited by finn_with_1_n
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gordong said:

Controversial opinion, I agree that would have made more sense but I’m happy it’s Brixton as I don’t like Ally Pally. It’s visually impressive but I find the atmosphere to be a bit flat at the gigs I have been to there. Sound not great either. 

You already know Brixton for fred will be incredible too - going to be one of the final chances to see him somewhere so small for a long time I think (i did say the same about the tent at APE only for him to announce these dates mind you!)

Brixton is class, best venue in the city imo. Perfect size i think that it gets big acts but isn't huge like ally pally (and easy to get to!)

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Very tasty! Missed her at werchter cuz she clashed with HAIM (who i like less, but figured would be the better show). Now i get to correct that. 

back to bristoil, again, she played at bristol pride i think

15 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I actually think otherwise. So many massive shows in the UK means anyone who wants to catch them can without any bother. Makes the idea of them headlining a lot less eventful. Maybe they'll be on the pyramid in '24?

Odd to suddenly have a 5 day gap if they’re not playing