Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Depends who the bands are.

Thinking of Architects at Ally Pally and Wolf Alice when they go on sale. Also considering Arctangent as a small festival that I’ve heard good things about and Sonic Wave (1 Day Festival in Birmingham). There seems to be loads of good stuff being announced and my calendar is starting to get very packed but I worry I’m getting my hopes up and they’ll all have to be rescheduled again! 

14 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The Apollo is a great venue for music, it's got fantastic acoustics imo. But obviously depends on where you live as to whether it's worth going to

Roughly halfway between London and Birmingham with easy train access to both, so fine either way.

13 hours ago, foolee said:

Is it bad I have around 15 gigs/festivals booked for when they return and I’m still considering booking more? 

I'd have done more if I was confident about their return.

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean a week between the Liverpool and Southampton gigs currently filled by just one night at Hammersmith Apollo makes me think it won't be alone. Not been the Apollo for music - only time there was to see an all seater comedy gig in 2015. Birmingham O2 Academy interests me more if I'm honest, as that is a pretty cool venue. Sound for Chvrches there was great.

Though a friend was more excited by the idea of trying for Dublin. Which I can imagine will be a very cold holiday in January, if only as a trip there in December 2018 for a stag party proved to me that I really don't have a winter wardrobe.

Starting off at the Barrowland Glasgow, fantastic venue when it’s crammed, as long as there’s no social distancing! Slightly Surprised they’ve not been given a bigger venue. Last time I saw them was the Pilton Party, seems like an eternity.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Starting off at the Barrowland Glasgow, fantastic venue when it’s crammed, as long as there’s no social distancing! Slightly Surprised they’ve not been given a bigger venue. Last time I saw them was the Pilton Party, seems like an eternity.

I know. I caught them at Truck Festival 2019 and that feels like a whole other life ago, let alone you getting to see them there or even my friends (not including me) that chanced upon them at a club in Milton Keynes in 2014.

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Thinking of Architects at Ally Pally and Wolf Alice when they go on sale. Also considering Arctangent as a small festival that I’ve heard good things about and Sonic Wave (1 Day Festival in Birmingham). There seems to be loads of good stuff being announced and my calendar is starting to get very packed but I worry I’m getting my hopes up and they’ll all have to be rescheduled again! 

ATG is great. Because it’s quite niche genres of music, everyone is so happy to be there and so passionate. You do find yourselves missing choruses though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Dry Cleaning, Feb 2022. Keen.

Can’t wait to take my girlfriend out for what she thinks is a romantic Valentine’s Day meal and then BAM, it’s that spoken word post-punk band from Jools Holland that she wasn’t particularly fond of.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Newcastle arena have an announcement tomorrow but not optimistic it will be anything good 

I remember a similar announcement teased 2 years ago and it ended up being john barrowman.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Everytime I see Barrowlands mentioned, it makes me want to move to Glasgow... is it worth it?

Nothing about it has changed since the first time I went to it in the 90s. I suspect it's probably the exact same as it was in the 80s. It's kind of a shithole, but the atmosphere for gigs at it is always brilliant and I always look forwards to a gig there. Also acoustics and lighting are pretty good.

And I think due to their history/reputation they quite often get bands playing that you would normally only expect to see at a larger venue.

There are a few pictures and facts here that will give you a feel for the place. 

https://peoplemakeglasgow.com/blog/music/6-things-you-didn-t-know-about-the-barrowlands

Another Sky have rescheduled their tour from May to August. Manchester on Friday 13 August, Leeds on Saturday 14 August and London on Wednesday 25 August. 

Manchester and London dates updated here, and I had an email about the Leeds date at Hyde Park Book Club which could be my first indoor gig since Lockdown.

https://www.goldenvoice.co.uk/events/detail/another-sky-1