Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I saw The Coral at Victorious Festival. The year when MSP topped it, imo maybe the best lineup they've had. For the price anyway it was almost unbeatable. But I've been wanting to see them and Feeder and Catfish. They are both playing a festival fairly priced together in Donny but Catfish in the only way I can see them reasonably price without paying through the nose for a day ticket and I doubt anything will be added to the Reading day tempting.

Waiting to see the Victorious lineup this year actually.  Never seem to be anywhere The Coral play!

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Eden Sessions gigs postponed. curious to see what My Chemical Romance does to their tour. I swear they might only ever do 1 show.

I think this tells you where the gigs upto July are out. That outdoor gig on the 15th isn't going ahead.

The same reason I was sceptical about Trees going ahead and this is a sufficient amount less capacity.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think this tells you where the gigs upto July are out. That outdoor gig on the 15th isn't going ahead.

The same reason I was sceptical about Trees going ahead and this is a sufficient amount less capacity.

To be fair looking at the dates, if Diana Ross doesn't decide to press ahead for whatever reason they'd have to do the whole stage setup, bars etc for just bryan Adams, idles and the script, maybe its not cost effective to do it that way? Could even be the case that it's not cost effective to do it all for 3/4 compared to 6 with no guarantees whole tours wont be rescheduled 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Waiting to see the Victorious lineup this year actually.  Never seem to be anywhere The Coral play!

It was £30/maybe 35 in the end and we had MSP, Travis, Editors, Boomtown Rats for fun. The Coral, The Levellers, DMA's. There was Sound of the Sirens and an act on a smaller stage that did like 90s cover and a KOL covers band to open. I mean that's ridiculous value. I went to Trees the same year I think and both are up there with the best value I've paid.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair looking at the dates, if Diana Ross doesn't decide to press ahead for whatever reason they'd have to do the whole stage setup, bars etc for just bryan Adams, idles and the script, maybe its not cost effective to do it that way? Could even be the case that it's not cost effective to do it all for 3/4 compared to 6 with no guarantees whole tours wont be rescheduled 

Didn't there used to be less dates for Eden originally anyway?

I've had doubts for a while though hence I've held off buying JEW tickets as I think they are going to to push it back.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Think it’s more because of the 3 overseas acts not being able to travel and not wanting to just for that!

Just now, sisco said:

Especially as the other 3 would have no doubt been their big sellers

Yeah exactly, might even run at a loss/breakeven if it's worth it for the other acts and possibility of making drink/food sales. It might even be that the food vendors etc. (never been so not sure what the food vendors are like if any at Eden) don't want to do it if a few acts have pulled. 

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Didn't there used to be less dates for Eden originally anyway?

I've had doubts for a while though hence I've held off buying JEW tickets as I think they are going to to push it back.

I didn't even know they were supposed to be playing gigs til I just looked! Normally I'd want to see them in Manchester but I'm not sure even with my gung-ho approach to this reopening that I could hold my nerve for an indoor gig in July...that said I'm not sure I'd ever go to Manchester academy in summer, a sweatbox even in winter!

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I didn't even know they were supposed to be playing gigs til I just looked! Normally I'd want to see them in Manchester but I'm not sure even with my gung-ho approach to this reopening that I could hold my nerve for an indoor gig in July...that said I'm not sure I'd ever go to Manchester academy in summer, a sweatbox even in winter!

They are healing 2000 Trees outdoors in July. I wouldn't go right to Manchester for JEW.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They are healing 2000 Trees outdoors in July. I wouldn't go right to Manchester for JEW.

Much closer for me! Though I do try to avoid it as much as possible after living there for 10 years...just a shame all the biggest local gigs are there 

Edited by efcfanwirral

new festival in London this August (at the Crystal Palace Bowl) called South Facing Festival. twelve shows across the month. they announced the first five today - The Streets, Dizzee Rascal and The Outlook Orchestra, Max Richter, Supergrass, and English National Opera. tickets are £35 early bird

Edited by finn_with_1_n

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m thinking about Cardiff bit further than I’d usually go ... anyone been to that venue ... I won’t attempt to spell 🙂 

I've been there once before about 3 years back, main recollection of it was that I was only allowed to buy one drink at a time so couldn't get a round in, although that might have just been the person serving rather than a policy!

Nice small venue, lots of stairs but easy access from city centre and close to a lot of bars, right by the Principality. I liked it

13 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

I've been there once before about 3 years back, main recollection of it was that I was only allowed to buy one drink at a time so couldn't get a round in, although that might have just been the person serving rather than a policy!

Nice small venue, lots of stairs but easy access from city centre and close to a lot of bars, right by the Principality. I liked it

16 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Not been to clwb in a little while but very fond memories from many a happy uni day. It’s split over three floors and the top is where the bands i watched played. Small and intimate and always has great bands

cheers guys plenty of food for thought in there ... tour isnt for a little while but definately one to add to the consider list 🙂