What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

13 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

WE have got both the last two Coleman tents but there is 2 of us. The bottom one takes upa  surprisingly large amount of space and we struggle to find a spot in the crew field if we get there on Thurs. But then you get that massive living space. Before we bought it we found the one above it perfectly acceptable for 2 of us so would be fine for you. We got the bigger Coleman for about £70 - it is on sale on Amazon occasionally.

Oh lovely thanks for that.

I shouldn't have an issue space wise as i'll be camping up in the east camper fields next to friends caravans.

Just need to weigh up if the extra cost (unless I can get it for £70 in the next 2 weeks) is worth it!

Had a day off work (I work an extra half hour a day so every three weeks or so I get an extra day off - the next one is Tuesday, 25th June!!)

I sorted out the stuff I brought back from Bearded Theory and have washed. Put a few things away and put the rest on my Glasto pile.  Travelling light this time!

Finally booked my bloody train return ticket home after spending hours going through different possibilities.  Christ knows if I've chosen the best option but at least it's done now.

Put my tent up.  I haven't used this one for years and was surprised how big it was (I'm sharing with my daughter).  Pretty easy to get it up.  And I got the bastard thing back in the bag the first time!

I still feel so behind on everything this year, and I'm flying out in 8 days. 

I have now booked my Airbnb to stay in Glastonbury town beforehand, I've booked my return train, and I booked my flight going Santorini to London. 

This means all my major tasks have been completed. Im going to do a pile tonight and try to sort out what Im taking. 

11 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Right well i've started looking at tents and as a gent who likes a bit of room (will be staying on my own in it) i've settled with my choice coming from one of these 3 tents... all 3 berth. If anyone has had one of these and can recommend please do! Only reason i'm looking at getting a new one is my trusty old vango has lasted me 15 years but pretty sure it may have some ermmm vomit in it left over from the Sunday night of the 2017 festival and i'm not sure I can face opening it...!

Coleman Kobuk valley 3 plus (includes blackout sleeping compartment) -  £91.20

Image result for coleman kobuk valley 3 plus

Coleman Darwin 3 plus (no special blackout thing) - £86.50

Image result for coleman darwin 3 plus

Coleman Coastline 3 plus (most expensive at £130)

Image result for coleman coastline 3 plus

I had the coastline 3, it’s massive especially the outside area but I’ll warn you putting it up by yourself is practically impossible. I actually decided it was too big and take a smaller 3 man for myself now (more like the first two) and keep the other one for any other trips which involve a car

Went to Go Outdoors the other day. I was tempted to get a bigger tent to make my girlfriends first time a little easier. The issue I have is that as much as I like the one we both saw... I can’t help but feel it’s oversized for 2 people. I think I’d feel like we were taking up too much space you know? What are people’s thoughts on this? 

EDIT: Don’t pay too much attention to the price. He doesn’t know it yet but I’m hoping my Uncle will let me use his staff discount.

AB4D1C00-58A4-4D00-8048-167ADEB001BC.jpeg

Edited by DareToDibble

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Went to Go Outdoors the other day. I was tempted to get a bigger tent to make my girlfriends first time a little easier. The issue I have is that as much as I like the one we both saw... I can’t help but feel it’s oversized for 2 people. I think I’d feel like we were taking up too much space you know? What are people’s thoughts on this? 

EDIT: Don’t pay too much attention to the price. He doesn’t know it yet but I’m hoping my Uncle will let me use his staff discount.

I think this is the one we usually take, only 2 of us in it and it’s lovely to be able to stand up, wouldn’t worry too much about the size, plenty of people take tents much bigger, enjoy.  

Charm x

• Upvote 1

Today I bought another phone charger thingy and forgot to order electrolytes (I’ve a small amount of hope they might help deal with “the morning after the night before” 5 days in a row...). 

(Also I keep forgetting I’ve got Isle of Wight festival next week too ?). 

15 minutes ago, Charm said:

I think this is the one we usually take, only 2 of us in it and it’s lovely to be able to stand up, wouldn’t worry too much about the size, plenty of people take tents much bigger, enjoy.  

Charm x

Yeah the standing thing is my main thought. Might go back in and have another look. Is it obscenely heavy? Another consideration as I’ll already resemble a cart horse.

19 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah the standing thing is my main thought. Might go back in and have another look. Is it obscenely heavy? Another consideration as I’ll already resemble a cart horse.

It’s quite heavy, but not ridiculously so, we usually take the tent in first and carry it together, had to get a lighter one for this time as I will be going in alone, know I wouldn’t be able to put it up or carry it. 

Charm x

12 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Right well i've started looking at tents and as a gent who likes a bit of room (will be staying on my own in it) i've settled with my choice coming from one of these 3 tents... all 3 berth. If anyone has had one of these and can recommend please do! Only reason i'm looking at getting a new one is my trusty old vango has lasted me 15 years but pretty sure it may have some ermmm vomit in it left over from the Sunday night of the 2017 festival and i'm not sure I can face opening it...!

Coleman Darwin 3 plus (no special blackout thing) - £86.50

Image result for coleman darwin 3 plus

Coleman Coastline 3 plus (most expensive at £130)

Image result for coleman coastline 3 plus

I was at a tent show the other day and went inside that Coleman blackout one. I was really tempted to buy it on the spot. It was full sun outside, but it was so dark inside I could barely see. Also way cooler than a normal tent. 

Fantastic tent. 

If only my current tent was more knackered but I can't justify replacing it yet. 

12 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I’ve got the Kobuk Valley 3. Only used it the once at End of The Road last year. As above, it keeps the light out very well and staysvery dark inside. The temperature wasn’t too high so I’m not sure how well it’ll do if we get a really sunny year but it definitely felt like it was keeping out a few degrees. Similarly, mine hasn’t really been tested in the rain but I’m sure it’s fine.

I’m about 6’3 and have to lay diagonally and I just about fit. It’s tight.

Only downside is having to pitch the inner section first which could be an issue if you have to pitch in the rain.

Great tent all in all. Recommended.

• Upvote 1

Bought Fabsil Gold (still sounds like a brand of Poppers to me!) to waterproof the tent (why...I dont know...it wont be needed!!!!), bought a new pair of festival trousers (old ones seem to have shrunk a bit in two years ?)

Bought a replacement trolley as last one spent a little too long at the back of my garden and has been consumed by the rust - a folding one (I know - they are the devils work generally) - but travelling quite light this year so I hope it will survive intact!

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I use one of these for myself and I've got the canopy that fits on the front; a great addition for keeping out of the sun/rain. My son and his mates are in one slightly bigger. We do use a trolley though.

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I'm moving to Glasgow today to start a new job tomorrow ? While this is actually taking me physically quite a lot further away from Glastonbury, in my head it feels like the last big milestone of things I have to do before the gates open. So scary, but also it means it's nearly here, folks!

I've also taken photos of my two booze infusions and sent them to my current housemates to remind them to give them both a good intermittent shake, and maybe change the rhubarb in my absence :-) 

Good Luck! If you need any recommendations for anything let me know 

25 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Good Luck! If you need any recommendations for anything let me know 

Oh thanks! Recommendations of any good, small music venues would be nice ? I have a couple of friends here, but they are also quite new and not sure they've ventured too far around yet 

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh thanks! Recommendations of any good, small music venues would be nice ? I have a couple of friends here, but they are also quite new and not sure they've ventured too far around yet 

The Blue Arrow, Hug n Pint and Broadcast

Not something I frequent very often, but a few mates do, and they are nice places to be 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

I use one of these for myself and I've got the canopy that fits on the front; a great addition for keeping out of the sun/rain. My son and his mates are in one slightly bigger. We do use a trolley though.

Awesome, thanks. I’ll go in and see it again before I decide. My tent is fine so might be wasting my money but we’ll see

2 hours ago, CeriG said:

Bought some diffraction glasses. 

My new festival jacket arrived and I love it ? 

Am now going to have to add another purchase!!! These bags are cool as hell! They light up under flash/lights ?

I’m going to have the back pack ??

https://luminesk.com/

897E81EA-2F99-482B-A5FF-18971F8FF51E.jpeg

Edited by CeriG